Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14875 - 07/19/04 08:01 PM air tickets online
soccersd Offline

Loc: student
Does anyone know if I would be able to purchase airline tickets online with a u.s address/credit card? I want to book a flight from mad-bcn with Iberia but im not sure if I am able to if I live in the U.S Any info is appreciated = )

#14876 - 07/19/04 11:26 PM Re: air tickets online
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
If you do it on Iberia USA you can do it but they charge more. If you do it on the Spanish side (Switch to Iberia in Spain at the top-left of the screen) you need to get an e-ticket and list a Spanish address. I use my buddy's but your hotel will do just fine as they don't have anything to send. Let them know, just in case. (That's the type of thing that The Adriano excels in!) I have done it 3 times so far and it works like a charm!

#14877 - 07/20/04 06:34 AM Re: air tickets online
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
soccersd writes:
Quote:
Does anyone know if I would be able to purchase airline tickets online with a u.s address/credit card? I want to book a flight from mad-bcn with Iberia but im not sure if I am able to if I live in the U.S Any info is appreciated = )
I recently bought e-tickets on SpanAir (MAD-SCQ) and on Air Europa (SCQ-MAD). Neither required an address in Spain. Both did require a DNI # (or Passport #) and checked them at check-in.

Sorry, I didn't use Iberia.

#14878 - 07/29/04 07:23 AM Re: air tickets online
Charly Offline

Loc: Cape Town
We recently booked return tickets on line out of South Africa from Madrid to Malaga on Iberia. The price was much better than the quote from our local travel agent. No address was required, only a passport number and the credit card details. We had no hassles at the airports.

#14879 - 07/29/04 11:22 AM Re: air tickets online
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
You should be able to purchase the tickets online without any problems. Just be forewarned however that some websites don't allow purchase if the the departing city is outside the US. For example, with ORBITZ, if you try to purchase a MAD-BCN ticket you will get the message

We're sorry, we are unable to process your request because the FROM city is outside the U.S

#14880 - 07/29/04 05:56 PM Re: air tickets online
soccersd Offline

Loc: student
Thanks for the info guys, I shouldnt have any problems then...yea I had tried booking thru U.S sites like travelocity and expedia, but a MAD-BCN ticket one way is $150 but thru the spain sites I can get it for $70 with all taxes, I was curious to know if they would let me book being that I live in the U.S

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments