Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14816 - 06/02/04 10:44 AM Madrid Barajas Connection: Is this enough time?
funes Offline

Loc: chicago
I will be arriving at Madrid Barajas at 7:45 am on a Sunday in September. I would like to continue on directly to Barcelona. The Spainair supereconomy flight leaves at 8:30 am or late in the afternoon. I assume that, with luggage, customs, etc... I will not have time to catch the 8:30 flight to BCN. Any thoughts?

Thanks-

#14817 - 06/02/04 11:09 AM Re: Madrid Barajas Connection: Is this enough time?
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
I think it would be worth waiting just to give yourself the peace of mind in the airport. The worst thing is to be standing in the line at customs panicking about making the next flight on time as the line crawls along slowly. Take the later flight and if you end up with loads of time on your hands, you can always grab the quick metro ride into the city for some tapas and a caña before heading back to Barajas for the evening flight to BCN. Although, if I'm not mistaken Iberia has flights every half hour between Madrid and Barcelona. Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you'll have a great trip. Madrid is awesome and Barcelona is beautiful--I can't wait--I leave for Madrid in 3 weeks!!

#14818 - 06/02/04 11:52 AM Re: Madrid Barajas Connection: Is this enough time?
funes Offline

Loc: chicago
Actually, I just checked Iberia and not only are there more flights, but for 37E as well. For some reason I assumed Spainair would be cheaper with greendays, but I guess not.

Enjoy your trip-

#14819 - 06/02/04 03:54 PM Re: Madrid Barajas Connection: Is this enough time?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by epaulino4 on 06-02-2004 02:44 PM]

Hello,

No, you won't have time. You are arriving at Terminal 1 and Spanair in all the way down at Terminal 2. I was there recently and found the Inmigration lines to be long, and the process to be less agile and we all know why.

I don't want to sound negative, but even if you have checked your luggage directly to BCN and previously obtained your boarding pass, you will be very challenged to make it to T2.

Enjoy Spain!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments