Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14674 - 04/22/04 12:27 PM AVE train from Madrid to Murcia
Ward Offline

Loc: Texas
On June 4th should I be able to buy a train ticket when I arrive in Madrid eek to Murcia? I should get into the airport at 9:45am. Take a taxi or metro? to the train station? should I take a bus to Murcia instead of a train? cool

#14675 - 04/22/04 12:39 PM Re: AVE train from Madrid to Murcia
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Take the train, it's much more comfortable than the bus. You can also purchas a ticket on Renfe's Web site and just have the ticket printed at the station when you get there. They give you a ticket locator number and confirmation sheet so that's all you have to give the ticket agent at the station. (There is even a Renfe agent at Barajas so you can get it there as soon as you arrive).

The ride is about 4.5 hours and is about 55 Euros roundtrip.

I would recommend taking a taxi to the station. It's just easier than the metro that can be hot and crowded and seem excessively so with a heavy piece of luggage. I don't remember if trains to Murcia leave from Atocha or Chamartin, but either way, you'd make at least 2 train transfers to get to either.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments