Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14624 - 04/09/04 10:47 AM Airfare: Is this a good deal?
funes Offline

Loc: chicago
I am able to get a roundtrip ticket to Barcelona from Chicago in September on Iberia for $617. This is directly from their website. This seems like a good deal to me. What are your thoughts? Is Iberia a passable airline?

Thank you and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it-

#14625 - 04/09/04 04:16 PM Re: Airfare: Is this a good deal?
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Iberia is a fine airline...better than some and (probably) worse than others. In short...it's fine.

The few times I have flown them, not in a number of years, they were great. I have a flight with them this summer. Hopefully, they are as good as I remember.

As to the price...sounds reasonable. But, if you're not sure, go to Orbitz.com and/or Expedia.com.

Sheryl

#14626 - 04/10/04 06:42 AM Re: Airfare: Is this a good deal?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
funes writes:
Quote:
... roundtrip ticket to Barcelona from Chicago in September on Iberia for $617. This is directly from their website. This seems like a good deal to me. What are your thoughts? Is Iberia a passable airline?
If that price includes Taxes & fees, that's a good deal. My only problem with Iberia was: Flight Attendants on select International routes seeem to be 'patronage' employees: act like Senoritas and don't appear very anxious to wait on or serve ordinary paying passengers.

If you fly Iberia, check out their 'Visit Spain' pass for flights within Spain.

#14627 - 04/10/04 10:19 PM Re: Airfare: Is this a good deal?
ind327 Offline

Loc: DC
Yes, that seems pretty good. I am flying Iberia from DC (via Chicago) in July and out in Aug. (via NY) and got a ticket for $720. Everywhere else I looked (and I did LOTS of research) was upwards of $850 or so...
I'm looking forward to my first trip to Madrid. Hope you enjoy your trip too!

#14628 - 04/11/04 01:00 PM Re: Airfare: Is this a good deal?
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
Just returned from Spain on tickets bought on Orbitz. Roundtrip from Montgomery, AL to Madrid on Delta were $555.63 each including taxes and service fee. The actual airfare was $477.00. This was the best deal I could find after checking daily for over a month.

#14629 - 04/30/04 12:07 PM Re: Airfare: Is this a good deal?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
This is kind of late, but in my experience, Iberia is one of the more expensive airlines to Spain. Two years ago, I paid $410 to go to Seville from Chicago (with a stop in Madrid) during Feria in April. Now, I can't find anything for less than $600.

My advice is to check other airlines, as September is after the summer rush and shouldn't be so expensive. I think the last time I paid $600 to Europe was to go to Rome during Holy Week.

Try KLM (they have super cheap flights from Chicago - $425 over New Year's to Venice!). And definitely check Orbitz or Expedia for deals.

#14630 - 05/27/04 04:20 PM Re: Airfare: Is this a good deal?
jenia.alexis Offline

Loc: new york
I never flew with Iberia before, but i am about to tomorrow. Hopefully the flight will be nice, but if its not i will not complain for $470 per ticket!
will post review when i come back. wink Alexis

#14631 - 06/02/04 09:58 AM Re: Airfare: Is this a good deal?
funes Offline

Loc: chicago
I finally bought mine the other day....Chicago to Madrid nonstop for $550 on Iberia.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments