Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14492 - 03/15/04 05:56 PM Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
hawntraveller Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
What is the best way (transportation) to do this? Will be there in April.

#14493 - 03/15/04 07:47 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
For the best, are you looking for the cheapest, most comfortable, the fastest, or the most fun? hehehee... Both the train and the bus take about the same amount of time and there's really very little difference in price - they're both cheap. I prefer the train, myself, but with such a short trip I doubt it matters much.

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. Whew... finally a TRAVEL related posting. THANK YOU!! smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14494 - 03/15/04 07:57 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I would recommend the train if you enjoy hanging around people, there's a great deal of comaraderie on a train. When my son and I went, it was Dec. 23rd 2001, very cold, snowing, and it was lovely because you were able to look out the huge train windows. The scenery is fantastic.

#14495 - 03/17/04 10:51 AM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Bus is faster and more frequent than the train (there are buses every 30 minutes to Segovia).

#14496 - 03/24/04 09:02 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I took that same trip 4 days later Booklady. The weather was just as you described. I've taken both the train and the bus. While I thought the train was a more enjoyable trip, the bus does drop you off in the city center and is faster. Good luck!

#14497 - 03/25/04 10:01 AM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I'll second the comments about where the train station is vs. where the bus drops you off. It's a bit of a hike (though not too bad) from the train station into the center of the old city. That might make the bus more appealing.

#14498 - 04/11/04 01:05 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
Just completed the train trip last week - it was great, beautiful scenery. The train station is a bit out of town but just catch the bus in front of the train station ( about 70cents) and takes you right to the center of town.

#14499 - 04/12/04 06:43 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I´ll let you all know of my experience making this day-trip from Madrid to Segovia (by bus) as I´m getting up early (in about 5 hours, in fact) to do it. Can´t wait. An I expect to have a good cochinillo lunch at Restaurante Duque . Mmmm... Should be great. And what a beautiful place. Got my camera all warmed up and ready to go too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14500 - 04/12/04 07:28 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I may be wrong but I always knew it as Meson del Duque several hyndred meters up the hill from the Plaza where you get such a great view of the Aqueduct.

The Maestro wears a huge Chef's hat and cuts the Cochinillo asado with a plate.

Que aproveche!

#14501 - 04/12/04 08:26 PM Re: Madrid to Segovia Day Trip
Chiyo Offline

Segovia is totally great !!! Fell in love with it.
On the day I was there, temperature was hovering around 3/5 degree celsius.

I travelled by Bus there. I like that the buses are more frequent.

It was very quick & convenient. Arrived at the bus depot only 30 mins before the next departure & I could get tickets. On the return journey, I queued up the counter only 15 mins before the departure & easily got tickets as well.

On the way there, the driver played great Flamenco music, which enhances the experience. Expect nice scenery. Could even see Valley of the Fallen.

I must say the bus station is nearer to than the train station. A short 5/10 mins walk to the Aqueduct.

I tried the Roasted Suckling Pig at Meson Casilla... Hope I get the spelling right. Its right below the Aqueduct only. This was recommended by Rick Steves. I liked that it had English menu, which makes it easier to order other dishes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments