Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14216 - 11/28/03 12:31 PM Driving from Madrid to Barcelona! Only 20 years old!! Help!
laubowski Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Many of you might think im stupid or crazy for driving from Madrid to Barcelona when it is clearly cheaper by plane or bus or even the train. I will resort to plane as my last resort to solving my problem.

I am only 20 years old and have gathered as much information as I can but nowhere can anyone under 21 rent a car. I hope someone can help me out.

I plan to drive either north and then east or to valencia then up the coast. Please let me know if there is anyway i can rent a car.

Spaniards to drive crazy. I was there two years ago, but because I am from Hong Kong and Los Angeles, I think I can drive there no problem. We have as many psychos back home=).

Thank you again.

#14217 - 11/28/03 08:56 PM Re: Driving from Madrid to Barcelona! Only 20 years old!! Help!
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I don't believe that Spaniard drive like Psychos, nor do I believe you are stupid or crazy for wanting to drive through Spain. It is a beautiful country and seeing it through the window of a Boeing 727 would not do it justice. However, I don't think there is a country in the world that will rent a car to anyone under 21 years of age. In fact, many have a min age of 25! As they say, you may be S.O.L.

#14218 - 11/29/03 07:31 AM Re: Driving from Madrid to Barcelona! Only 20 years old!! Help!
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Joven,
If you're not of age,don't try to rent a car.If you like to hear the "hum" of the tires on the road----please take the bus.
Have a safe trip!

#14219 - 11/29/03 06:25 PM Re: Driving from Madrid to Barcelona! Only 20 years old!! Help!
laubowski Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
I have checked all my leads and i have found only one as of now and that is the program they offer at Renault.

Renault is 18 years and up, but they require a rental for at least 17 days. However, my only lead right now is the rental company they recommend hoping that they would have similar policies. I wonder if any local agencies, non american, would be able to take care of me.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments