Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14091 - 09/08/03 02:59 PM Maps of Madrid
Aaron Offline

Loc: Chicago
Does anyone know the best way to get a map of Madrid? I'm looking for something online a la mapquest, where I can zoom in to get as much of old Madrid as possible. Thanks!

Aaron

#14092 - 09/08/03 04:45 PM Re: Maps of Madrid
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Aaron,

I don't know of any online sites.

Go to the Spanish Tourism office at 845 N. Michigan ave ste 915. (312) 642-1992

They have great free maps! Sort of a 'walking tour' of many cities, so you will know what historic buildings you are looking at as you tour each city. The map is on the last page of each little booklet so you can tear it off and take it with you. Very handy. I always go there to check for info. Last year they gave me a 2500+ page book of EVERY hotel & hostel in spain. Maybe I bugged them too many times and they just wanted me out of there, I don't know.

Also, I have found that the El Corte Ingles maps that you can find in hotel lobbies when you arrive are very helpful because they have the most street names on them. Some maps only list major streets and I never seem to be on any of them!!

#14093 - 09/09/03 03:35 AM Re: Maps of Madrid
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Aaron,

QDQ is a very large project that has been underway for years. It is an online search engine where you can put in the specific address that you are looking for and in most cases, will be able to see a picture of that particular building. So, for example, if you have any friends in Madrid, put their address into the search engine and you will come up with a picture of the front of their building.

Other places that you can try are the "callejeros" at lanetro.com and paginasamarillas.es.

#14094 - 09/10/03 04:14 AM Re: Maps of Madrid
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
The msn.com map can give you locations of specific addresses in Spain. I used it extensively, along with the www.QDQ.com mentioned above in getting familiar with Madrid before moving here.

Also should mention www.viamichelin.com . It's alot like mapquest and I was able to get driving directions for areas of Europe that msn.com didn't cover. However, there do not appear to be street maps for Eastern Europe.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments