Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14084 - 09/03/03 03:41 PM Trujillo to Guadalupe via bus?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I'll be spending 2 nights in Trujillo the end of this month and would love to take a daytrip to Guadalupe. Will have to take the bus since I won't have a car. (Unless there are tours offered, which I doubt).

I've read in a couple guidebooks that there are 2 buses/day from Trujillo but I can't find anything out of the autobus websites I've checked. I don't know if the timetable would allow for a daytrip or not.

It's a long shot, but I thought someone may know about this! wink

#14085 - 09/12/03 04:17 PM Re: Trujillo to Guadalupe via bus?
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
I went from Trujillo to Guadalupe by bus.
I think that there are two services , morning and afternoon. You can ask for them in your hotel at Trujillo.

#14086 - 09/12/03 09:40 PM Re: Trujillo to Guadalupe via bus?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Thanks a million! I had just about given up on getting a response. I'll be spending 2 nights in Trujillo so I figured I'd have plenty of time for the day trip. laugh

#14087 - 10/21/03 09:02 PM Re: Trujillo to Guadalupe via bus?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Following up on my own post:

Did not get to visit Guadalupe from Trujillo. It would have not been possible without spending the night. Perhaps in the summer season this would have been possible but not the end of September. I noticed alot of the schedules in Extremadura switched in mid September.

Another important note for people using public transporation to Trujillo. I've been all over Spain and this was a first: Arrived at the bus station in the early evening (6 pm) in Trujillo and there were no taxis in sight. Tried to contact a taxi from the phone numbers for taxis at the pay phone in the bus station bar but no one answered. Finally called the parador (where I was staying), told them my predicament, and with their assistance got a taxi after another 30 minutes. Apparently, Trujillo only has 3 taxis in town and one was broken down. On my return to the bus station, I requested the parador to call ahead an hour before I wanted to leave but they couldn't reach a taxi until the last minute and I almost missed my bus. It seems that one of the two working taxis took some travelers to Caceres so the whole town only had one taxi. Ironically, I met a lady at the bus station who was traveling with her elderly mother and they had to have someone from their hotel give them a ride to the bus station because they couldn't find a cab.

I guess this is what makes the trip adventurous though! laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments