Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13866 - 05/20/03 06:17 PM Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
marilu Offline

Loc: Hillsboro, OR, USA
Hi everybody: I will be in Madrid sometime in September and would like to know if any of you can recommend me the best way to get to Fatima. I appreciate your suggestions/recommendations. Viva Espana!

#13867 - 05/21/03 12:00 AM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You know, I'm ashamed to say I don't even know where Fatima is! Where is it?

Saludos, MadridMan confused

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13868 - 05/21/03 02:14 AM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Marilu, if you look up Fatima on the internet, it will direct you to several sites regarding the town and history of the Miracle of Fatima. It is located in Portugal, about 80 to 100 miles north of Lisbon. It's located next to a town called Tomar if you want to look for it in a map. There are several hotels in Fatima if you are interested in staying the night.

#13869 - 05/21/03 05:55 PM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
marilu Offline

Thank you OsoMayor. I need to know from Madrid, should I go to Badajoz by bus? and then from Badajoz to Fatima also by bus? Or does anyone know if there is a "direct train service" from Madrid to Fatima? I thought maybe somebody that has gone there from Madrid (or Spain), would give me an idea ... thanks again! smile

#13870 - 05/29/03 10:48 AM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
This is probably not what you want to hear: but there are several bus tour companies in Lisboa that do daytrips to Fatima. Also, the Ladies of Nossa Senhora da Fatima in Lisboa sponsor a daytrip to Fatima the first Saturday of every month. The Church is near Avda Berna - a few blocks from MetroLisboa Campo Pequenho station stop. rolleyes

#13871 - 05/29/03 05:27 PM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
marilu Offline

Eddie and Oso ... muchas gracias!
I found out that ALSA goes direct from Madrid to Fatima ... leaving at 10 am - arriving at Fatima 8 pm ... daiy. Thank you so very much! smile

#13872 - 05/29/03 06:01 PM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Quote:
I found out that ALSA goes direct from Madrid to Fatima ... leaving at 10 am - arriving at Fatima 8 pm ... daiy.
Are you very sure about that? Fatima isn't shown as one of their destinations from Madrid on the Alsa-Enatcar website . confused

10 hour trip, eh? Wow. Hope they show some decent movies or you have a good book with you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13873 - 05/29/03 06:52 PM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
marilu Offline

Madridman ... I am sure! I printed the itinerary from their international routes. $35 Euros is the price! Saluditos ... Viva Espana! wink

#13874 - 05/29/03 08:23 PM Re: Madrid to Fatima ... any suggestions, recommendations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

AHA! If you click the ROUTES AND TIMETABLES BUTTON at the TOP, horizontal menu and drop-down menu shows NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL and from there you choose INTERNATIONAL and THEN you can see the Spain<->ANYWHERE! Wow! I never noticed the INTERNATIONAL option at the top! That's great! Thanks!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments