Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13679 - 03/25/03 01:17 PM i need to get my passport stamped NOW! help please...
ultra Offline

help me find cheap cheap roundtrip airfare out of spain
to a non-schengen country....
i need to get out of spain and the E.U.!
itīs scary and a bit embarassing, but i donīt want to be deported..i love madrid and my life here. i would be shattered if i tried to come back and being denied. i canīt overextend the 90 day limit of my u.s.a. tourist visa. iīve procrastinated and damn, i need to buy a ticket to prague, morocco, budapest, whevever, just out of the e.u.! iīm a bit embarassed to ask for help, but please offer a yankee girl in love with a basque madrileņo some help..

#13680 - 03/25/03 02:59 PM Re: i need to get my passport stamped NOW! help please...
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Last year we obtained visas for six months. At the time, the Spanish Consulate in LA told us that you may only receive one 90 day tourist visa per 1 six month period. That means, leaving Spain and returning soon thereafter may not give you another 90 day visa. That may be the official policy, but I have no idea what happens in practice. Do a little more research and search these boards before you spend money on a ticket. Good luck.

#13681 - 03/25/03 04:36 PM Re: i need to get my passport stamped NOW! help please...
ultra Offline

so if i was to leave spain....then how long would i have to wait to return? how many days? and 1 tourist visa per 6 months...well, this being a silly question, wouldnīt another 6 month period begin when i come backŋ

#13682 - 03/26/03 10:38 AM Re: i need to get my passport stamped NOW! help please...
Jana Offline

This is how I understood it from consular officials. (Again, I don't know if immigration control agents follow this policy or not.) If you enter Spain on Jan. 1, 2003, you automatically have a tourist visa good for 90 days, or roughly through the end of March. That is the only tourist visa you can get until July 1, 2003, when you may enter and receive another 90 day tourist visa. If you entered on July 1, 2003, you could not obtain another tourist visa until Jan. 1, 2004. Another way to look at it, every 6 months, you can go for 90 days. If you want to stay longer or go more often, you need to contact the Spanish consulate in your home country to apply for the appropriate visa.

Do a search of these boards. Lots of people just overstay their visas and keep a low profile. You have to decide for yourself. As long as you are not earning wages, you are probably a little better off as far as incurring wrath is concerned.

#13683 - 03/26/03 10:42 AM Re: i need to get my passport stamped NOW! help please...
Jana Offline

Sorry, I just realized how I confused you. The six-month visa that we obtained was NOT a tourist visa. The info I gave you was for the 90-day tourist visa that one gets automatically upon entering Spain. We needed something more than that, so went through a lot of red tape to get another type of visa. If you do some searching, you will arrive at a Spanish consular web page that describes the different types of visas and what you need to do to obtain them.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments