Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13660 - 03/18/03 03:27 PM cheap fares on iberia.com!
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Just thought I'd share some info on Iberia ticket prices. They seem to be competing with Spanair 's cheap within Spain travel offers, but with the added bonus that Iberia flies between more Spanish cities.

I've been watching fares between Granada and Barcelona (for travel in early June) for about two weeks now. On www.Iberia.com the price has been 172 euros (+tax). Well, when I checked today, the price had dropped to 28 euros!!!! smile

Now, I have just one question: If you read the fine print on the website there are stipulations that say you have to pick your ticket up within 48 hours at the airport (in Spain)or at an authorized travel agent (in Spain)--a "glitch" for those of us purchasing outside Spain that has been discussed before on this bulletin board. BUT, if I purchase "Cibertickets" will this solve that problem? It would seem to... confused

#13661 - 03/18/03 03:42 PM Re: cheap fares on iberia.com!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
You are a very consumer-smart person, Liz! What a difference in prices, you've almost got it for free!

Salud2

#13662 - 03/18/03 10:53 PM Re: cheap fares on iberia.com!
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
What a bargain! But just our luck, the flight that we need from Madrid to Sevilla is not discounted. If only we could arrive in Madrid earlier...Those flights are so reasonable. It makes the AVE seem very extravagant.--CC

#13663 - 03/19/03 04:34 AM Re: cheap fares on iberia.com!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
28 EUROS?????????? I flew that route to visit friends in barcelona in feb for 65, and am going back in April. I was going to use some frequent flyer miles for the ticket, but at that price maybe I should save them for a more pricey trip!
Thanks for the heads up!!!! laugh
Kelly

#13664 - 03/19/03 01:45 PM Re: cheap fares on iberia.com!
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I've used Iberia.es often since I've been here. Most of the tickets within Spain are available as e-tickets, so you don't need to physically take delivery of them within 48 hours, etc. I just got a couple of tickets for the puente de 1 mayo to Mallorca for about 58 Euros round trip. BTW, their site is much improved since the new year.

#13665 - 03/24/03 01:55 AM Re: cheap fares on iberia.com!
SingaporeNewlyWeds Offline

Loc: Singapore
Help!

We are newly weds from Singapore. Our International flight will bring us to Madrid. We then intend to catch a flight from Madrid to Barcelona on Iberia Air.

We need help concerning booking our tickets for Iberia over Iberia.com. (A) How do we collect our tickets once we have booked them? (B) Even after booking our tics online, do we also need to stil confirm our tickets? (C) What if my connecting international flight is delayed (we will be playing it safe by using a 4 hour buffer just in case)?

We would be truly grateful if any help could be rendered to us concerning our ticket bookings...

#13666 - 03/27/03 10:19 PM Re: cheap fares on iberia.com!
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Iberia should mail the tickets to you, and yes it is always best to call 48 hours before the flight to confirm it. If you miss your flight(and you probably will with Iberia) they will book you on the next available flight, and if you miss your flight because of them, they may comp you an airport meal or something cheesy like that.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments