Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13318 - 01/13/03 01:59 PM Dublin to Madrid
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
It looks like I'm going to be in Ireland for business mid to late February. Naturally, my thoughts immediately turned to spending a weekend (at least) in Madrid once my business is concluded. Via the internet, both Iberia and Aer Lingus have decent fares DUB--MAD, leaving Dublin on a Friday and returning the following Monday. I saw the easyjet, ryanair and Europebyair do not offer service between these two cities. Is there another low cost carrrier out there that I can check? Thanks in advance...

#13319 - 01/13/03 06:01 PM Re: Dublin to Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
What about flying Dublin - London with Ryanair and then London - Madrid with easyJet ? If you can't find a good deal with easyJet, try with the other airlines. There are plenty of them flying London - Madrid.

By the way, remember that if you are flying with different airlines and with separate tickets, connections are not guaranted!!.

#13320 - 01/14/03 06:55 AM Re: Dublin to Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I'm not sure what the 'purchase by' dates are but Aer Lingus had some excellent fares valid in most cases to 31 Mar. That would be my choice.

I have flown RyanAir Dublin - London (Luton - Easyet's 'hub') and EasyJet London (Luton) - Madrid. I had to schedule a 6-hour layover at Luton (to be sure of making the connection) and arrived Madrid at about 22:30. Total cost (1-way) was about $107. I had an 'open jaw' return ticket (Madrid - Newark) on Continental airines.

I think te Aer Lingus promotion requires RoundTrip purchase.

#13321 - 01/14/03 09:59 AM Re: Dublin to Madrid
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
thanks, Antonio and Eddie. Given that I will only have a few days, and I need to return to Dublin to return to the US, I will go with either Aer Lingus or Iberia direct DUB--MAD, MAD--DUB. It's going to be around $250. I was hoping for an Easyjet solution, or even Spanair, but it doesn't really exist between Ireland and Spain.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments