Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13041 - 09/23/02 04:55 PM San Sebastián
fish Offline

Will be heading north to san sebestian, would anyone recomend flying up there or taking a bus...I figure a couple hrs flight or a 5/6 hr bus ride, cost difference?

#13042 - 09/24/02 02:33 PM Re: San Sebastián
chinaclipper Offline

Loc: MIDLAND, TX
HELLO FISH--

FLYING TO SAN SEBESTIAN FROM MADRID IS A 1 HOUR FLIGHT TO BILBAO AND ABOUT A 60 MILE DRIVE TO SAN SEBESTIAN. MAYBE A BUS WOULD BE CHEAPER BY FAR.
OVER & OUT, CHINACLIPPER

#13043 - 09/24/02 02:43 PM Re: San Sebastián
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Try logging onto RENFE´s website to check out the train schedules and prices. The train would be more comfortable than the bus, I think!

#13044 - 09/25/02 09:55 AM Re: San Sebastián
fish Offline

thanks for all your suggestions, I assume Chamartin is another train terminal in Madrid? Is it in the general proximity of the downtown region? Excuse me as I am a newcomer to this town.

#13045 - 09/25/02 05:48 PM Re: San Sebastián
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Fish,
Madrid's Atocha train station is closest to the City Center, Prado & Retiro Park. Chamartin is in the northern part of Madrid, near the Plaza de Castilla, off the Paseo de La Castellana. You use Chamartin to go to sites North of Madrid like Santiago de Compostela, Leon, Bilbao, etc.

#13046 - 09/25/02 05:57 PM Re: San Sebastián
fish Offline

thanks a bunch

#13047 - 09/26/02 10:44 AM Re: San Sebastián
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Continental-Auto has motorcoaches about once every 2-hours Madrid (Intercambiador de la Avda de America) - easily reachable from Madrid's Barajas airport by MetroMadrid. They take 6-hours and cost about 25 Euros. I travel that way to Santander (about the same distance & time and it's not too bad. Seats are ample and recline. Smoking is prohibited and they usually show a movie. http://www.Continental-auto.es
rolleyes

#13048 - 09/26/02 06:33 PM Re: San Sebastián
lagurl Offline

Hey there...
Back in late July, my roommate and I took the overnight bus from the station at Avenida de America San Sebastian (right across the street from our flat). It left around midnight and got in around 6am. It was totally worth it economically and we had the whole day to explore the city after resting a bit at our hostal. Have a blast in San Sebastian...it was one of the highlights to my trip in Spain this summer.

#13049 - 09/27/02 11:10 PM Re: San Sebastián
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
Last week, I took a bus to San Sebastian from Bilbao. The fare was not expensive and the bus ride was short and comfortable. The bus ride to San Sebastian from Madrid would be around 6 hours but is a comfortable ride. I have found buses in Spain to be less expensive than buses and a little bit quicker. Buses seem to make less stops (unless the bus makes many local stops).

Have a great time in San Sebastian! It is an amazing city!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments