Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12900 - 07/30/02 07:48 AM Madrid Tour Guide
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it possible to hire an English speaking tour guide in Madrid for one day at a time? Could this be arranged through the main tourist office. What might the price be?
Thanks - Brian

#12901 - 07/30/02 08:43 AM Re: Madrid Tour Guide
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Antonio (or others) might know if an English speaking Madrid tour guide can be found through the tourist office (you might even email them through their website @ http://www.tourspain.es/Portal/default.htm ).

I do know that British expatriate (and nearly world-reknowned) Stephen Drake-Jones of The Wellington Society would likely be able to do this. He gives historical, evening, walking tours of Madrid. Are you looking for an OVERALL (to the "four-corners") Madrid tour or just the old center? Are you looking for historical tous, tapas tours, or an all-inclusive-type tour?

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan
(who is now grinding his teeth because if HE lived in Madrid could/WOULD start his own Madrid tour company mad )

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12902 - 07/30/02 10:46 AM Re: Madrid Tour Guide
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I've taken the liberty of emailing this thread to a friend who has a number of close frineds in Madrid that have an expertize in this area. Hope my friend will get back to you with details on the people and email addresses for you to persue if you want.

#12903 - 08/08/02 03:58 PM Re: Madrid Tour Guide
Philippe Offline

Here are a couple of associations that should be able to help you.

COSIT - GUÍAS TURÍSTICOS PROFESIONALES
C/ Marqués de Cubas, 12 (CENTRO-CORTES)
28014 MADRID (MADRID)
Tel. 914298965

ASOCIACIÓN NACIONAL DE GUIAS PROFESIONALES DE TURISMO
C/ Ferraz, 82 (MONCLOA-ARGÜELLES)
28008 MADRID (MADRID)
Tel. 915421214
Email: guias@apit.es

Philippe

#12904 - 08/08/02 05:33 PM Re: Madrid Tour Guide
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
I can't personally vouch for this company, but I came across it recently surfing the net and it seems cool.

www.easygoin.org

Yes Madridman, I think you should start your own company, but please don't grind those teeth ... you have a beautiful smile!

Churrito, who will be in Madrid very soon!

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#12905 - 08/08/02 08:36 PM Re: Madrid Tour Guide
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
churrocaliente, WOW! That www.easygoin.org is quite a site/service! I'm shocked that I hadn't before found or heard of them!! Thanks for sharing that link with us.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments