Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#1258 - 01/21/01 05:41 AM Hostal D'Ort & Hostal Pinariega (Madrid)
stardog64 Offline

Leaving for Spain, Tuesday, Jan. 24th.
Got confirmation of my reservation for Hostal D'Ort just this AM after a week of email. Couldn't get them to answer if rooms are heated! Are they? Is it a decent location?

Anybody stay at Hostal Pinariega , in Opera zone at Calle Santiago near Calle Mayor? Need place with a lift or only one flight, have knee problem. Anyplace to suggest that's cheap? Am senior citizen leaving for Spain Tuesday, Jan. 24. Had to e-mail credit card numbers and passport numbers to Hostal D'ort but not happy with not getting answers from them. I am assuming if I don't like it there I can leave after one night with no obligation.

stardog64

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-21-2001).]

#1259 - 01/21/01 02:20 PM Re: Hostal D'Ort & Hostal Pinariega (Madrid)
jefe7 Offline

Loc: San Juan, PR - Newport, RI
The rooms at Hostal Plaza D'ort are heated. They are kind of small, but clean. The hostal is in a great location. Step outside and you can see the Tio Pepe sign on Puerta del Sol, and is also a few steps away from Plaza Santa Ana. But, if I remember correctly, the hostal reception is on the 3rd floor and there's no lift.

#1260 - 01/21/01 09:34 PM Re: Hostal D'Ort & Hostal Pinariega (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I haven't received any feedback about Hostal Pinariega, but hope that will change soon. As for Hostal Plaza D'Ort, this place has been well documented on this message board. Use the SEARCH link above/right, type in D'ORT as your keyword, hit enter, and you'll get a number of threads about it. So far, looks like all positive feedback.

I visited Hostal Plaza D'Ort last October and took a tour. The personal at the reception desk, Nelson, speaks Spanish very well. The building has no lift/elevator and I saw they have a kind of apartment which keeps 3-4 persons. GREAT location and clean rooms. You have to walk up 1-2 floors to get to the reception desk.

Have a great trip! Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-21-2001).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
charlie wallwork, marcus cj, Sally S Brown
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments