Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12108 - 01/18/02 08:34 PM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
My advice, if you've got a credit card, go to www.priceline.com. It's no joke. I booked a flight from Los Angeles to Miami for 150 bucks roundtrip on United... and my friend bought two roundtrip tickets to London from LA for 642.00 (for both). The only thing, www.priceline.com works best when you book last minute travel. And you better leave the entire day open to travel, because you can't control what time you leave, oh and you can't change your ticket, so make sure you are cool on your travel dates. Happy travels.

roses

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#12109 - 01/19/02 03:19 PM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
zero262quick Offline

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
I would just like to add something about priceline.com
Once you select your dates and put in a requested price, the system searches for fares that meet your price. If one is found, your credit card is charged immediately, you cannot choose whether or not to accept. There are no refunds or exchanges either. This method is much different from the conventional method of being able to view the flight details first and then choose to accept it.

Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

"The more I meet new people, the more I like my dog."

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Scottish Proverb

#12110 - 01/21/02 09:47 AM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by IcePick on 01-21-02...]

I was out of town for a few days. The airline is Swiss Air that I was able to get a flight out of LA to Barcelona. Swiss Air to those who may know is in Chapter 13. Much like TWA and PAn Am were for a number of years. My friend who works for Northwest as a booking agent says not to be concerned. The national airline of Switzerland is safe. They are getting as much money as they can to plan for year 2003. They are set for this year. She said she would feel comfortable flying with this competitive airline.

Ben- Yes I did buy the tickets already and they ar coming in the mail I spoke with the 1-800-number yesterday. Secondly, you cannot get this deal throught Swiss Air directly. Thought that was interesting. Lastly, this price did include taxes and junk fees.

Bestfares is just terrific. I've used them before and they blow away all the search engines out there. Also, I don't work for them as excited as I may sound. I figure to pass along anything that may help fellow travelors. This site has helped me a lot.

You asked great questions. Please continue to post.

Madrid Man: Hey Captain don't you just hate that frequent flier miles can't be used when you want them? British Airways wouldn't let me use my miles in the summer :-( So I used them for my Dublin trip for the upcoming St. Patty's week. Come join me and I'll buy you a few rounds.

PS: Let me know if you need any new stickers.

To everyone in general :(this is not advice to use Bestfares.com - but for informational use) Do your own due diligence. Now the lawyers are happy. ;-)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12111 - 01/21/02 10:40 AM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
zero262quick Offline

MM,

How much did you pay for the BestFares membership? I have heard many different prices, and I am having a hard time finding the price on the site. I just don't want to be surprised when I get the credit card bill.

>>>Yes I did buy the tickets already and they ar coming in the mail I spoke with the 1-800-number yesterday. Secondly, you cannot get this deal throught Swiss Air directly. Thought that was interesting. Lastly, this price did include taxes and junk fees.<<<

I am assuming you are referring the BestFares here?

Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net

- Scottish Proverb

#12112 - 01/21/02 01:29 PM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
IcePick Offline

Loc: Seattle Wa
Ben;

I paid $45 to try it out. I will after the year is over go for a 3 year subscription. I travel too much not to. walk throught the subscription process it will say $45.

Good Luck

V

#12113 - 01/21/02 02:44 PM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
zero262quick, I never did buy the BestFares.com membership. I don't travel all that much. Besides, I've already arranged to use my FF miles (in a VERY round-about travel-path) for my upcoming trip to Madrid.

The text you quoted was from IcePick's posting (I moved it for him/her into this thread).

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12114 - 01/21/02 05:27 PM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
Lagun Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi,
I've been a lurker here for about 1 1/2 years. I check this site almost every day. (It is the proof I give to my hasband that my Spain obsession is normal and shared by many others.) Thanks to all!!
I joined bestfares last year and used it to buy tickets from Las Vegas to Madrid last summer. When I called to get the low fare advertised I had to travel from the U.S. to Brussels and then on to Madrid. I did purchase the tickets even though the flight was longer because the fare was really good. (I can't remember what it was). I go to Spain in the summer and finding a good deal in advance is difficult. I know I saved a lot on my tickets (tickets for 5 people) and for me the $45.00 was worth it. I only used it the one time.
A while back, maybe even a year or so, someone on this board was giving the pass words for bestfares. It changes monthly and it is in the monthly magazine you receive. All you need is the pass word and then you can get the 800 number to call and make your reservation. I have been looking for the last one I received but can't find it.

Lagun

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Lagun ]

#12115 - 01/22/02 11:50 AM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
zero262quick Offline

Lagun,

One more question. When you purchased your ticket from BestFares, was the advertised price all inclusive, or did they add on taxes afterwards? Either way, the fares are still very low, but I still would like to know.

Thanks
Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net

- Scottish Proverb

#12116 - 01/22/02 02:20 PM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
Lagun Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ben,
I think they may add a processing fee and maybe now a fuel charge. I can't remember. Sorry.
Lagun

#12117 - 01/22/02 04:44 PM Re: BestFares.com: Try this site for low fares
zero262quick Offline

Lagun,

Yes it says they add a fuel surcharge and a processing fee. I just wondered how much additional taxes were added onto the advertised price.

Thanks
Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net

- Scottish Proverb

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments