Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#11618 - 09/04/01 11:47 AM US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
greibe Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
For anyone interested, US Air has a fall fare sale , for international destinations, going on right now....and Madrid is one of the destinations.

I just booked a direct (round trip) flight from Philadelphia to Madrid for $ 447 per person, including all taxes, fees, etc, etc.....

Although I am traveling in November, I believe the fares are good for travel through March 2002. Just go to their web site for all of the details.

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#11619 - 09/04/01 12:51 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Details.... (it seems TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE):

Tickets must be purchased within 24 hours of making reservations and no later than 9/5/01. Fares valid for travel Mondays-Thursdays commencing 11/1/01-3/14/02. All travel must be completed by 3/18/02. Saturday night stay required and 30-day maximum stay allowed. Blackout dates of 12/15-12/24/01 apply; slightly higher fares apply 12/15-12/24/01. Fares do not include passenger facility charges of up to $18, where applicable. Fares also do not include government imposed international taxes/fees/surcharges of up to $108. Seats are limited or may be sold out during very busy travel times or holiday periods. Seats are extremely limited or sold out in November westbound from Rome; and in March to/from Rome and Madrid.
-------
Available routes to Madrid (no other Spain destination - (all prices are one-way, based on R/T purchase):
Boston - Madrid $189
Miami - Madrid $222.50

I didn't see Philadelphia listed though. And certainly/unfortunately, NOT Columbus, Ohio either. frown

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11620 - 09/04/01 09:34 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
Juliet Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm in Hawaii and have a buddy pass that will take me anywhere I want in the US. I wanted to ensure that I would arrive in Madrid when my friends were arriving so decided to pay full fare from the east coast. The result - NOT SUCH A FULL FARE!!!

I went online and priced tickets from DC to Madrid, and just before I purchased a ticket from a different agency, I received an email from Priceline.com. As I was speaking w/the reservations agent from the Priceline competitor to find the best price he could find, I used that price (about $480) as my ball park guide and bid $100.00 less at Priceline.com. Even thought Priceline told me I had about a 20% chance of that bid getting accepted, it did and I'm on my way!

My roundtrip fare to Madrid from DC and back is $383.00 on Sabena Airways w/1 stop in Brussels. That exact same trip - same airline, same itinerary, through Priceline's competitor was listed at over $700.00

So, go out there and LOW BALL 'EM!!!!!
laugh

#11621 - 09/05/01 01:05 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
greibe Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
I apologize for not adding the details of the US Air fare sale.....I'll be more attentive to that the next time.

Guess I was so excited to find what I felt was a great rate, I couldn't wait to share it.

Anyway, I used www.ticketplanet.com when searching for fares, I believe I ran across it on this board.

#11622 - 09/29/01 04:10 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
rere Offline

Loc: palm springs, ca, usa
I just posted on another strand about my deal from priceline from LAX to Madrid. I paid $448 including all fees and taxes.(Nov. 5-29) I'm flying on Delta. My last several trips to Spain have been on British Airways. I'm glad you got a good deal, but I'm happy I'm going with Delta and not US Air.

#11623 - 09/29/01 08:05 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola rere,
You said you were glad you were going in Delta instead of US Airways? Why is that? Do you mean their fares are better than U.S. Airways?
Gracias,
Booklady smile

#11624 - 10/05/01 07:02 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
rere Offline

Booklady, I think that Delta is a better airline. I hope that US air doen't go under like Swiss Air might. I think US Air is economically weak now. I absolutely would not book with US Air for more than several weeks away.

#11625 - 10/07/01 08:26 AM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I asked my travel agent to confirm the prices I'd found on the internet and sure enough they were correct (Columbus, Ohio to Madrid over the Christmas holiday = $1,150!!! eek ). HOWEVER, after asking her to look for CONSOLIDATOR airfares (my travel agency will do this, but most "retail" companies will not) she found a combination of airlines (American and Iberia) to get me there for almost $400 LESS for $740!! I wasn't able to make the reservation yet because my bosses haven't approved the request for leave yet, but if/when they do I HOPE I can get as good a price if not better.

If you'd like the toll free (800) number of my travel agency (they have 3 employees) here in Ohio, USA send me an email and I'll be happy to give it to you. They've done well for me and my entire family these past 8 years.

JUST before buying the ticket I might try www.Priceline.com too, put in an outrageously low fare and see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Happy Travels! Saludos, MadridMan

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11626 - 10/08/01 05:52 AM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I was browsing U.S. Airways web site yesterday (Oct 7), looking at fares to Spain for Carnaval and got a $354.70 (incl taxes & fees) roundtrip (PHL - MAD) for midweek travel in February, 2002 (Sat nite stay required - max stay 30-days). rolleyes

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

#11627 - 10/08/01 07:31 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
rere Offline

Be sure to consider the following stategy, in particular when making airline reservations on-line: Booking 2 separate flights.
For example, you could book a flight from your hometown to Miami, Chicago, or NYC and then book a separate flight to Europe from the hub city. It really is not difficult and often provides a better price. Travel agents can do this, but not all are as helpful as MM's seems to be. Take MM's flight from Ohio to Madrid. You could first check out the lowest published fares on Travelocity.com or the airlines sites for both travel to hub cities and from those cities to Madrid. Then you piece together your flight. If you are going to use
discount agencies like hotwire or priceline you have to do that first because you won't initially know the times to coordinate with
the other leg of your journey. Then you find a complimentary leg to complete your flight.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 810 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments