Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11463 - 07/11/01 01:36 AM (Madrid) Atocha Train Station to Campo de las Naciones Airport
jkloto@earthlink.net Offline

Loc: Nashville
My wife and I are taking the bullet train from Seville to Madrid in early October. Our train gets into the Atocha train station at 9:30 a.m. and our flight back to the States departs at 11:45 a.m. from the Campo de las Naciones airport. Can we make our connection or should we take the train a day earlier? Hoping someone can help!

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#11464 - 07/11/01 02:29 AM Re: (Madrid) Atocha Train Station to Campo de las Naciones Airport
Miguelito Offline

I think it's a little bit risky, it's the time of the traffic jams. In normal conditions you could arrive to the airport in 30 minutes more or less, but at this time you never now how much will you take, I guess almost always you would arrive in one hour (by taxi), but if it takes you more...
If it's saturday or sunday or the 12th shouldn't be any problem.

#11465 - 07/11/01 03:46 AM Re: (Madrid) Atocha Train Station to Campo de las Naciones Airport
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
It is a problem of traffic conditions not of long distances. You could get to the airport in 20 minutes from atocha at 9:00am on sunday

You can assume that AVE will be on time, one hour should be enough for transfering. But if it rains, traffic will be a variable you cannot control.

In case you are not carrying lots of luggage, subway is also an option, you can take it in the station itself and it is independent on traficc.

Nevertheless, I agree with the previous posting, situation is totally different if we are talking saturday or sunday, no problem then.

#11466 - 07/11/01 08:24 AM Re: (Madrid) Atocha Train Station to Campo de las Naciones Airport
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
According to the current schedules, the first train arrives at 09:00 am (maybe schedules will change again in September).

AVE trains are very punctual so it's almost 100% sure you'll arrive at 09:00 am or even a bit earlier.

A taxi from Atocha to the aiport shouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes, but it depends on the traffic jams as Miguelito and Nativo said.

Be aware that airlines advice their customers to be at the aiport 2 hours before the flight departure.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments