Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11308 - 06/07/01 01:07 PM Salamanca to Barcelona by train
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Has anyone tried taking the train from Salamanca to Barcelona? If so, would you recommend doing this?

Are there any other options from Salamanca to Barcelona I could look into?

#11309 - 06/07/01 06:07 PM Re: Salamanca to Barcelona by train
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
My sister and I took the train from Salamanca to San Sebastian several years ago...I remember that that eastbound train left Salamanca at some insane hour of the night, like 2 a.m. You should check the RENFE schedules to find out when your train would leave and how much sleep you might miss if the train (like ours) is crowded and loud. We pulled into San Sebastian in the late morning, I think, and were wiped out for that entire day. Of course, I don't know that we would have found buses to be any easier...and the Salamanca-Barcelona connection might be through Madrid, anyway, which would mean you would have a better choice of times. Trains in general were fine, I thought--not luxurious, but comfortable enough and easy to figure out. I don't know if there is a high-speed link between Madrid and Barcelona, but if there is, you might prefer to go to Madrid, then over from there.
Have fun!

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#11310 - 06/07/01 09:35 PM Re: Salamanca to Barcelona by train
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I went from Salamanca to Barcelona a few years ago. I did have to switch trains in Madrid. The Madrid - Barcelona part I did overnight.

#11311 - 06/08/01 05:15 PM Re: Salamanca to Barcelona by train
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
We took the Auto-Res bus into Madrid for about 4.000 ptas round trip, then the air shuttle (the one we took was Air Europa ) for 10.000 ptas. The train is probably a lot cheaper but the bus/ plane way is definitely quicker and more comfortable.

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments