Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11225 - 05/22/01 03:14 PM How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
Tia Offline

What´s the best way of travelling from Córdoba to Ronda, by bus or by train? Is there a direct service or do I have to change? confused

#11226 - 05/23/01 03:53 PM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi tiajohanna! I'm not at all sure which would be best. I'm pretty sure RENFE goes between Ronda and Córdoba, but you should check RENFE's site @ http://www.renfe.es to be sure, get schedules, and prices.

As for the bus, it would be cheaper (probably) than train, but, I'm not sure about a direct-route without changing. It's quite possible though. Hey gang! Which is the bus company that serves mainly Andalucía? I don't recall.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11227 - 05/23/01 07:10 PM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
Tia Offline

Thanks MM! I´ve checked RENFE´s "horario" but I´m still a bit confused... I´m going to travel from Córdoba on May 29th and there is no train written on the very same line as the date, so how should I understand that? tiajohanna smile

#11228 - 05/24/01 07:14 AM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Auntie Jo. The bus company is Portillo or Alsina Graells, neither of which have a web site and will take quite a while (many hours) to get you there, changing at San Pedro or Malaga.

If you go by train, you have to change at Bobadilla and get another from there to Ronda. Sample times and prices are 09.09 (1.500 Ptas) from Cordoba, gets to Bobadilla at 10.27. Have a coffee and get the 11.45 (1.600 Pts) which gets you to Ronda at 12.31. Unless, of course you manage to catch the 10.32 at Bobadilla - 5 mins to spare - for 605 Ptas, which gets you to Ronda at 11.26.

This information has been supplied by your friendly train spotter (Not!) AF.

Have a good trip! Oh, by the way....have you considered hiring a car. Makes for much easier communications in Andalucia. cool

#11229 - 05/24/01 08:25 AM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
laugh Hey, I can recommend a good burro rental company in Andalucía. Be aware that the "economy model" only has 3 legs and will take you 25% longer to reach your destination.

The "luxury model", however, is (usually) flea-free and trained with left or right turn signals, raising the appropriate ear to indicate the intended direction of turn (at 2 miles per hour). (by the way, you have a 50% chance that the burro will lift the DESIRED ear at the time of the turn) wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11230 - 05/24/01 09:53 AM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes oh my!!! .... laugh

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Puna ]

#11231 - 05/24/01 11:42 AM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
Tia Offline

Hi guys! Thanks very much for the information (specially to you AF) and for a good laugh laugh The problem is that I don´t have any driving license and I´m going to travel "solita", so it seems that the alternatives are not that good. It´s like choosing between the plague and the cholera (that´s a scandinavian expression) frown . But I guess there are worse things happening in this world than suffering during the journey from Córdoba to Ronda, unless you are allergic to burros, of course. wink I think I´ll survive. Sunny greetings from Auntie.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: tiajohanna ]

#11232 - 05/24/01 04:42 PM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Tiajohanna, I share your pain! I'm leaving next weekend for Ronda via Malaga, and while the choice is clearer for me (bus) getting TO Ronda, I have to get back to Madrid from there!! I have the same sort of train options as you do, or use the "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" method. I don't know how long the bus takes (if AF says it takes forever with bus changes, it must), but the usual rule of thumb is the bus is faster (unless the train is the Talgo or Ave.)

Might I suggest a nice granizado de limón while you wait?

#11233 - 06/01/01 06:04 PM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
Tia Offline

Hi! Came back from Andalucía today and just wanted to tell you that I had a wonderful time! Unfortunately I missed the granizado and the coffee in Bobadilla, because there IS a direct connection by train from Córdoba to Ronda (Talgo from Madrid to Algeciras that left Córdoba at 10.19 and arrived in Ronda at 12.31) The price is moderate, too, 2300 ptas.
Saludos, tiajohanna smile

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: tiajohanna ]

#11234 - 06/04/01 08:18 AM Re: How to get from Córdoba to Ronda
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Did you have a good trip, Aunty Johanna? Looks like I've been giving you the wrong information, sorry about that! frown

It could be that the service didn't start until 27th May and for that reason it didn't show up on the timetable until after that date...... or I could have just read it wrong, of course! :o

I hope la maestra isn't too upset when the Talgo pulls away from the platform, as she sips her coffee in the station waiting room!

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: Anchovy Front ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments