Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10971 - 04/05/01 07:19 PM 2+ Weeks In Spain
Madrid_Is_Beautiful Offline

Loc: Lansing, Mi, USA
Okay everyone, i am planning a return trip to Spain sometime next summer. The problem im having is where to go!!!

I want to try and visit at least one place in all the areas of Spain, and need advice on towns or places to see, i love the buildings and scenery, so id prefer places with the most beautiful sceneryu and buildings.

Im planning on flying in to Madrid and spend a couple of days there, then possibly traveling to Toledo, Sevilla, and Malaga, and then other places, i plan to also hit Barcelona and then back to Madrid. but from there im stuck, any ideas? Also is there any way to get a Rail pass for 2 weeks that is good at any town? or is it cheaper to just buy tickets from town to town?

#10972 - 04/06/01 10:35 AM Re: 2+ Weeks In Spain
Amy25 Offline

Loc: Troy, MI USA
I would definitely recommend going to Toledo, especially since you say that you like buildings and beautiful scenery. You will definitely find it to be a great place smile
As far as the railpass goes, how much time do plan on spending in the cities you visit? That will make your decision much easier. If you are staying for a few days in each city that you visit, I'd buy point to point tickets. You can check out the Renfe website and it will give you prices for point to point tickets so you can get an estimate. Here the link Renfe

[ 04-06-2001: Message edited by: Amy25 ]

#10973 - 04/06/01 11:17 AM Re: 2+ Weeks In Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
According to the itinerary you indicate your 2-weeks will be used up in Southern Spain. My own ideas would be Guipuzcoa (San Sebastian), Vizcays (Bilbao), Cantabria (Laredo, Santander, Santillana del Mar, and Picos de Europa), Principality of Asturias (Oviedo & Gijon) and Galicia (Santiago de Compostela & Pontevedra). That's my Spain!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments