Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#1097 - 12/26/00 03:07 PM Hostal Massachusetts (Madrid)
smurf Offline

Anyone have any comments on this Hostel. It seemed to be one of the few with rooms available at this late date so I jumped at it. What is the area like where this Hostel is located (Montera and Grand Via). Thanks in advance.

#1098 - 12/26/00 11:44 PM Re: Hostal Massachusetts (Madrid)
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Greetings,

Let me first suggest a search for Hostal Massachusetts in the archives. You will find a few testimonials regarding the aforementioned hostal. In short, having spent one night at said hostal, it rates below most other hostals in Madrid. The horror stories; however, are somewhat atypical. If your expectations are realistic and you are content to stay in a smallish room with spartan accomadations, then you will find the location central to most of Madrid's top tourist attractions.

Cheers!

#1099 - 03/06/01 06:23 AM Re: Hostal Massachusetts (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[Originally posted by badger on 03-06-2001 05:41 AM...]

Here, as promised, is my review of the (in)famous Hostal Massachusetts . We were a group of 32 males on a stag party.

Location: 20 yards from Grand Via metro station on Calle de la Montera. Next-door to MacDonalds.

The location is ideal for getting anywhere as it is so central. The downside (for some) is that it is an area where prostitutes are quite active. I personally wasn't propositioned, but I know a man who was. However, this was a man on his own at 01:00 am.

The accomodation:
We paid 3,200 pts each per night, which included breakfast (bread+coffee) My room had a phone, 2 single beds, a bathroom with a shower and a safe. The bed was clean, but the overall appearance of the room was a little run down.
Some of the other rooms did not receive good reviews, but most were adequate. The TV in every room was not evident to me.

The emails I received from the Hostal were conducted in good English, however, on arrival it was a little more difficult to converse.

Overall, I would suggest H.Massachusetts is an adequate budget hostal. I would probably use it again, but only after exploring other possibilities. Always bear in mind, you get what you pay for.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
charlie wallwork, marcus cj, Sally S Brown
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments