Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#10967 - 06/01/01 03:34 PM Re: BARGAIN AIRFARES US-ES
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Well, I was meeting my husband in Madrid as he flew on the company first class (British Air).. So, while the company paid for room and board, I had to pay my own flight. So, I found Air France, a Delta partner, got a frequent flier card, (charged on my Diner's for double mileage) then booked my flight on line. My tickets arrived within one week. I checked in no hassles. Flight left on time, the plane reminded me of Singapore Air. You get your own TV screen that plays about 4 movies that you can choose from, tv shows, music or games. They give you headsets, ear plugs, eye shades etc..I played a little solitaire, watched a few movies, had some really good french food and wine(all the french bread you can eat and you have two meals that you can choose from)This is where I learned my lesson to wear shoes with ties, as the feet do swell up nicely, and you don't want to get blisters the first day. Anyway, I landed in Paris(saw the Eiffel tower from the plane)had enough time to get to my next flight gate, walk around the shops and left on time, they served us another meal with wine, and we landed in Madrid on time. I actually beat my husband there and I left three hours ahead of him(he got stuck in all kinds of air traffic in heathrow). For those of you that haven't flown to Barajas airport before, there is only one place that foreigners exit from, so it is an easy meeting place. Met my husband within an hour, stopped at the ATM right behind the pole after you exit the gate, for some pesetas and off we went. No problems on the way back either.Like I said $378?? www.airfrance.com

Hey, I just went to back to Luces note, and it's gone, so everyone is probably wondering why I added this air france note. Anyway, Luces said she didn't have a good experience flying them, but didn't say why.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Nic ]

#10968 - 06/01/01 04:41 PM Re: BARGAIN AIRFARES US-ES
Luces de Bohemia Offline

Hi,
Sorry I made a mistake with my previous post and then my computer crashed and... Oh, long story anyway.
My first and only experience with Air France was terrible. Actually I went from Venezuela to Madrid in Iberia. Small seats, rude attendants, bad food... and then from Madrid to USA in Air France. The flight from Madrid to Paris was okay. Then in Paris our flight was delayed for 7 hours and they didn't give us any information about why we couldn't leave France. I ask them in Spanish and they pretended they didn't understand, I asked them in English and same thing. Only people who spoke French got some news and that's how I knew the airplane had a major problem. Instead of changing the airplane we had to wait 7 hours until they fixed the airplane and everybody was scared to death because we had to travel in that airplane that have had a major problem. The pilot was not very experienced and the take off and landing was the worst in my life. We got to JFK and our luggage was "missing". No clothes, no medicines... turists were very angry. I wrote Air France a letter complaining about the whole thing and they never got back to me.
By the way, the attendants didn't understand/speak Spanish or English very well. I suppose that if you fly from/to Spain and from/to USA you should have basic Spanish/English, right?
This was years ago, but I have friends that came to visit from Spain and they used Air France and had similar problems.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Luces de Bohemia ]

#10969 - 07/04/01 04:20 PM Re: BARGAIN AIRFARES US-ES
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello All! Iberia Airlines is running a monthlong (July) special on airfares in the autumn to Spain from the USA. CLICK HERE for details.

In short:
USA - to Spain & Europe in September From $225 one way (based on round-trip purchase)

USA - to Spain & Europe in October From $175 one way (based on round-trip purchase)

USA - to Spain & Europe in November From $125 one way (based on round-trip purchase)

Flights leave the USA from Chicago, New York, & Miami and go to Madrid, Barcelona, and a few other Spanish destinations.

Here are some of the conditions:
Tickets must be purchased by July 31th 2001
Roundtrip purchase required for these fares.
Minimum Stay 4 days.
Maximum Stay 30 days.
Iberia flights only. Fares do not apply on Iberia 7000 series flights.
From New York to Barcelona valid only on IB6282/6283.
Tickets are non-endorsable/non-rerouteable/non-refundable.
Changes are not permitted.
No child, infant, or other discounts apply.
These fares may not be available on all flights.
Taxes and airport surcharges extra.

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#10970 - 07/11/01 04:49 PM Re: BARGAIN AIRFARES US-ES
KyCharlie Offline

Loc: Lexington, KY
Hello Everyone!
First time poster here to the message board. Will be making my first trip to Madrid and environs, November 17 through 25. I have been exploring this site for a couple weeks and am amazed at the wealth of information. Thanks to Madrid Man and all contributors.
Just wanted to pass along that I indeed was able to book four discount fares on IBERIA Airlines new US website: http://www.iberia.com/iberia_us/home.jsp
I have been comparing prices for a few weeks and was thrilled to book all four tickets at $299 each including tax.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Thanks again null

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments