Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10714 - 03/06/01 02:40 AM How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is the best, easiest and safest way to get to Toledo from Madrid without taking a tour? What time of day is best to leave and what time best to return?

#10715 - 03/06/01 05:28 AM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Best?? Easiest?? Safest??
You can get there by bus from Estación sur de Autobus (most frequent connections) or you can take a train from Puerta de Atocha.
I have a special feeling about Toledo's train station - but the trains don't run that often.

When you do get to Toledo, it's worthwhile to take a tour if only for the foto-opps

#10716 - 03/06/01 05:40 PM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Hi,

Here's the link to Renfe. Just get on the train at Atocha Renfe and you're on your way to Toledo. Like was indicated before, there's a limited schedule, so you might want to consider that in your decision.
http://www.renfe.es/ingles/index.html

You might also look at Aranjuez & Chinchon down in that direction as side trips. Well worth the time.

Wolf

#10717 - 03/07/01 04:06 AM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Rafael Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
I was in Madrid 2 weeks ago.
I took the train to Toledo in Atocha station,
it is a good train, fast.
I paid 2000 pesetas and it last 30 to 40 minutes, Toledo is a beautiful old city, with El Alcazar (king's palace) as it's most important attraction, it close at 2 in the afternoon and do not open later in the evening. there are other museums and a lot of stores with very nice things to buy,
good and cheap food.
there are trains every hour and I think the last train from Toledo to Madrid is at 7 in the afternoon.
have fun.
Rafael

#10718 - 03/07/01 08:01 AM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
The train is a very good alternative, keep in mind that is not strange to find people that commute to Madrid from Toledo everyday, either for work or studying.

#10719 - 03/07/01 08:01 AM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
The train is a very good alternative, keep in mind that is not strange to find people that commute to Madrid from Toledo everyday, either for work or studying.

#10720 - 03/08/01 03:34 PM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
kbl Offline

John,please consider staying overnight in Toledo - late afternoon and evening is when the REAL Toledanos come out and the tourist buses have left. The old town is awesome at night and there are some wonderful (and reasonable) hotels and the views are incredible. You're sure to love it no matter when you go!

#10721 - 04/02/01 01:10 PM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
rabinowr Offline

Loc: whippany, nj, usa
I just got back from Madrid/Toledo in March. The buses ran every 20-30 minutes from the Mendez Alvaro station (Sur) but the trains were only running every 2 hours. Perhaps they run more frequently in the summer. I think the bus was approx $3 each way for about 1 hour trip.

#10722 - 04/02/01 01:27 PM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
rabinonwr, thanks for the info!! Say, can you or anyone tell me/us where is the bus station in Toledo? Is it outside the city center (it would HAVE to be!)? And if so, how does one make their way into the city.

Also, I understand Toledo's train station is outside the city and is a good, long walk to the city or is it better to take a taxi or bus (if these last two are available, that is).

I've been to Toledo once (1995), but we went by car and parked in a LARGE underground parking lot at the edge of the city.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#10723 - 04/02/01 01:59 PM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I'm not sure where the bus station for the buses from Madrid is, although I believe that it is outside the center of "old" Toledo. There is a local bus stop just outside the trainstation in Toledo. The bus (#5 or 6, I think) goes up to the Pza. Zocodover, by the Alcazar and back down. The stop to get back to the trainstation is also at the Plaza, right outside of a nice little cafe called ñaca ñaca. There is also a taxi stand up by the Alcazar if you don't want to wait for the bus.

#10724 - 04/02/01 02:23 PM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Toledo's Train station (looks like a Mosque) is within the city but at the bottom of the hill. There's a city bus stop right at the curb in front of the station (costs about 135 pesetas). Taberna RuAn is also right across the street from the train station and they make a great bocadillo de jamon.

#10725 - 04/03/01 11:19 AM Re: How to get to Toledo from Madrid?
Pelirojo Offline

MadridMan-

The Toledo bus station is at the bottom of the hill leading into the city from Madrid (can't remember street names). You just have to walk up a winding street that conveniently leads to one of the famous "puertas" in the wall around the city. Next to the puerta is the tourist center where you can pick up a free map.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments