Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10508 - 02/03/01 09:26 PM skyauction
ktyrone Offline

Has anyone had any experience with www.skylineauction.com ?? Good or bad?

#10509 - 02/03/01 11:07 PM Re: skyauction
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I haven't heard good things about skyauction. Check out the posts on http://www.eopinions.com

I think I have that site right, and if not, someone please fix?

#10510 - 02/04/01 04:00 PM Re: skyauction
connie Offline

I have checked www.skyauction.com a couple of times and thought prices went up pretty high for flights to Spain. I think you can find better deals elsewhere.

#10511 - 02/19/01 04:15 PM Re: skyauction
Gen Offline

Loc: North Brunswick, NJ 08902
In September 2000, my friend and I got our tickets to Madrid, Spain from Skyauction.com. We had no problems at all. The cost of the tickets were about $75.00 less then what we were quoted from several travel agents and airlines. It was a good deal at the time. I have notice that prices from Skyauction have gone up because alot of people are now using this service. But you can still get a good deal. Just watch the auctions and know your limit.

#10512 - 02/19/01 08:24 PM Re: skyauction
mjames8258 Offline

Loc: houston, texas u.s.a.
I too got my ticket to Madrid through SkyAuction. I have been holding tickets for travel in March since last August. Finally the time is approaching! So far I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this company. My tickets were sent promptly after establishing that I was the winning bidder. I have called them on a couple of occassions and have always had my questions promptly and courtesly answered. So far as the price I paid, I feel that round trip from Houston, TX to Madrid for somewhat less than $500.00 is a pretty decent price. The only negative is the fact that I will go to from Houston to Chicago to Munich to Madrid. The return is a bit easier - Madrid to Frankfurt and back to Houston. Almost as many legs as a centipede! Oh well, I've always wondered what a German airport looked like! The key to bidding on an airfare is to establish how much you are willing to pay BEFORE you start to bid. Being detirmined to be the highest bidder can be a costly mistake. SkyAuction has a feature where you can start by bidding low and also place a maximum bid that is increased incrementally as you are outbid. The negative posts on epinions seemed to deal with trips that were cancelled and difficulty in obtaining refunds. Hopefully, I wont have to deal with that.

------------------
msj

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments