Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10358 - 01/17/01 11:03 PM Trains from Madrid to Malaga
SuburbanCowboy Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
I am so glad to have found your site. I am from Atlanta, GA, and will be traveling to Spain for the first time next week. I have to catch a train from Madrid to Malaga and then to Torremolinos. I heard about Spain's fast trains and was wondering if they will get me to where I need to go. I heard the prices can vary, so I need to know how to get a cheap ticket. (In Atlanta, we do not have trains like this. I wish we did because we have too many cars!!)

#10359 - 01/18/01 06:09 AM Re: Trains from Madrid to Malaga
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Hi - the train to Malaga is fast as far as Cordoba, and then it slows down somewhat. Once you arrive in Malaga you change onto a suburban line ("cercanias") for Torremolinos.

#10360 - 01/18/01 07:37 AM Re: Trains from Madrid to Malaga
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I have a leaflet in front of me explaining the pricing structure on this line. The basic price for one ticket on a one way journey from Madrid to Malaga in Tourist class (similar to first class coaches in England!) is either 7.000 Pts or 8.200 Pts, depending on whether you travel off peak or not. For First Class, the price is either 10.200 Pts or 11.900 Pts.

Then various discounts are available, such as if you book a normal return trip (return leg to be made within 60 days of the outward journey)there is a 20% discount. If you book a return journey whereby you return the same day (unlikely in your case, but businessmen use this train a lot) the discount is 25%.

As for group travel...........have a look at my post about RENFE discounts and see if you can fathom it out? I'm still trying!

The time for the journey from Madrid to Malaga is about 4 and a quarter hours. The local train from Malaga to Fuengirola goes every half hour, on the hour and half past.

Hope this helps!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments