music study

Posted by: shademaker

music study - 08/06/05 12:56 PM

After reading the friendly entries, I've decided to post my own query. Does anyone know of a small music school or similar opportunity for an 18 year old pianist who is an awesome accompanist? He is thinking of taking a year abroad between HS and college. Pretty fluent in Spanish already.

Location/advice appreciated!!!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: music study - 08/06/05 01:11 PM

Are you asking about any particular region/city in Spain or are you open to anywhere? I would imagine that Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville - the larger cities - would have the most opportunities but possibly there are other special programs in other, smaller cities in Spain.

Anyone know of any specific programs in Spain?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: kelar419

Re: music study - 08/06/05 03:58 PM

Are you asking about him working as an accompanist, or about him taking lessons/studying music while in Spain. Those are two totally different things. As far as "working" that would be tough to do legally unless you can somehow get a work visa (unlikely). If he wants to study there, that could probably be done, in that case he would need a student Visa.
Posted by: shademaker

Re: music study - 08/06/05 05:19 PM

thanks for the reply...........
He would probably be interested in doing both and would prefer just abour any setting where he could
speak spanish, perhaps live with a family.

I will have him read and respond to all of this when he returns from his weekend away. I just hought I would get the ball rolling. He is an excellent sight reader and is a vocalist (bass) as well.
Classical and jazz, percussion too.

thanks again if you have any ideas to throw our way.