getting a job in spain

Posted by: cactusjoe

getting a job in spain - 06/10/06 11:02 PM

folks I'm Canadian but have a UK passport as well. I am thinking that maybe one day I might work in Spain. Does anyone know of any sites I can utilize or tell me from their experience what they went through?
Note the UK passport this means I canw rok in the EU

Thanks
Posted by: Jerezano

Re: getting a job in spain - 06/12/06 09:58 AM

What kind of work are you looking for?

Try www.infojobs.net
Posted by: Rob in Madrid

Re: getting a job in spain - 06/13/06 05:26 AM

Yes you can work anywhere in the EU with a British passport, usually just a matter of some paper work. There are loads and loads of websites dedicated to working living in Spain. A good start would be expatfocus and Britishexpats.

One point I should make about working in Spain, first off wages are very low and the cost of living is quite high, secondly if you don't speak the language than your work options are limited. Around Madrid usually that means bar staff or teaching English, neither of which pay enough to live off of.

If your looking to make the move to Europe than the best (but not always the easiest) option is to get a job with company that has overseas offices that's how we got over here.

Secondly I know that there is/are books dedicated to getting overseas jobs, unfortunately the name fails me, if I find it, I'll post.
Posted by: cactusjoe

Re: getting a job in spain - 06/17/06 04:26 PM

Thanks for the advice. I am talking about after ea,lry retirement so it is not really a money issue.