Places like Salamanca

Posted by: alumno1985

Places like Salamanca - 04/02/04 07:27 AM

¡Hola!

I am a student currently on a language course in Salamanca. After my course (from the end of June 2004) I was hoping to move somewhere with a similar feel to the city (i.e. more or less same size with same ameneties) in order to find some temporary work.

I´m only looking for something that I can do for two months or so and would be hoping for something in the areas of barwork, waiting or in a shop that would be suitable for someone who by then will hopfully be able to hold basic conversations :-)

If anyone knows of anywhere that might be able to offer me something at that particular time of the year, for the time I am looking to work for then I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Thank-you! :-)
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Places like Salamanca - 04/02/04 08:21 AM

What's your nationality? This detail will be important in determining your ability to work in Spain. If you're an EU national then bingo! You're golden. If not, it'll be tough - and (likely) illegal. Be careful.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: alumno1985

Re: Places like Salamanca - 04/04/04 01:22 PM

yeah I am from the UK so apparently this is a bit easier. I do think however that I need to get what is know as a resedencia if I want to stay more than 90 days.

I have heard that Granada is nice. Do you know much about that area?

Luke :-)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Places like Salamanca - 07/26/04 02:31 AM

Salamanca is a really lovely town....why leave ?

Granada is bigger, and I imagine gets more tourists.

You can also try Segovia...it is also really beautiful and is a similar size