90 DAY TOURIST VISA!?

Posted by: Rocinante

90 DAY TOURIST VISA!? - 01/11/02 12:37 AM

I know a tourist visa is only good for 90 days. Up to this point everyone has told me that I simply need to leave Spain and come back within that time to renew it; a weekend trip to France would suffice.

BUT...today a Uraguyan told me that he thinks I have to go to a country OUTSIDE the European Union for this to count. frown

Can anyone confirm this? confused If indeed true, as far as I know Switzerland is not part of the E.U. (unless Spain has some special deal worked out with them in this regard), and Morroco is not far at all. These seem the logical places to spend a weekend and renew my passport on the way back. cool
Posted by: Chica

Re: 90 DAY TOURIST VISA!? - 01/11/02 04:13 AM

Rocinante, what your Uruguayan friend said, I believe is true, you need to go to a country outside the European Union. However, I would not necessarily recommend traveling to Morrocco alone, particularly as a single woman. In addition, Morroccan and Spanish relations are a bit strained at the present moment.

However, you can find cheap flights to the USA if you really look. I am considering a quick trip home in March because I found a flight round trip from Madrid to NYC (JFK) for $250.

Switzerland is not part of the EU, but I am not sure of any "special deal" that they may have worked out with the Spanish govīt.

Good luck!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: 90 DAY TOURIST VISA!? - 01/13/02 06:17 PM

Hi Rocinante!
You might find the thread " Residence Visas " enlightening in your situation.