About the 90 day thang

Posted by: aram

About the 90 day thang - 04/13/01 11:22 PM

I was under the impression that an american citizen could only stay in the EU, or spain, for 90 days per YEAR, without a visa. is it possible to just go to morocco for a few days every three months and then come back into spain? Or would i still be considered illegal? also, i am taking a TEFL class in northern spain this september. Is it difficult to find work teaching english in Barcelona?
Thanks alot!
Posted by: Asterault

Re: About the 90 day thang - 04/16/01 08:06 AM

90 days every 6 months. Don't worry about it, I have friends whom have been here over a year or so sin papeles. Just don't do stupid things and you'll be fine.
Posted by: kbc123

Re: About the 90 day thang - 04/18/01 04:12 PM

I'm technically sin papeles, and have never had a problem. I don't work, though, legally or illegally. I have a right to be here, but just haven't jumped through all the hoops. I won't either, until this summer when my husband changes visas from student to working. Then, I'll apply again too. (I'm entitled to be here as his dependent, whether he's a student or an employee). I just left Spain this weekend (went to Istanbul for Semana Santa!) and came back in no problem. As far as I know, I get 90 more days. Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question.