Petty Crime in Barcelona

Posted by: SuePycroft

Petty Crime in Barcelona - 12/07/01 07:09 PM

Whilst in Barcelona this week, I heard of several muggings and thefts. One was at the hotel Adagio on Carrer Ferran, a couple of ladies were burgled whilst asleep in their 1st floor room. The room had a tiny balcony overlooking a passageway and had failed to check that the door was locked. When they arose the next morning they discovered a handbag missing containing money and a camera, and the door open. The hotel reception said that 2 or 3 persons had probably stood on each others shoulders to reach up and get into the room. Sounds like this had happened before! Whilst at the local police station, they met 3 large men who had been mugged at the port and beaten. Another case was a lady who had her bag stolen whilst eating breakfast in her hotel, a cctv showed a well dressed couple to be the culprits. It just goes to show that we all should be extra vigilant when it comes to our personal belongings and not to wander off the beaten track.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Petty Crime in Barcelona - 12/07/01 10:10 PM

Hi SuePycroft. You might find the previously posted thread, " Barcelona: A Mugger's Paradise " interesting too.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: Asterault

Re: Petty Crime in Barcelona - 12/08/01 07:16 AM

Hah! What you don't know is I STOLE YOUR WALLET.
Posted by: SuePycroft

Re: Petty Crime in Barcelona - 12/10/01 05:51 PM

Hey Asterault, I wondered what had happened to my wallet after we had finished lunch!!!!! eek I'll be back.