Passports

Posted by: billy the man

Passports - 10/04/10 03:31 PM

I know there are strikes going on in Spain at the moment,but whilst travelling to Alicante last thusday beggers belief. After landing and going through customs,the whole plane went through without showing passports to the customs officers,travelling through Europe for many years this has never happened to me before.
Quite a lot of major citys are on top alert due to an immenent terrorist alert,and after Spains last attack,i was very surprized at the lack of security.
On the upside it took 5mins from plane to outside (due to only having hand luggage)but it took about 1hr to get through at Liverpool airport,with only one man looking at passports for 6 planes all arriving at the same time.

Posted by: pedmar

Re: Passports - 10/05/10 07:28 AM

vacations in sunny Spain, nice customs security , seems like the old days are back ::)
Happy travels!
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Passports - 10/06/10 03:45 AM

Billy . That has to have been a mistake ( a bad one ) by the police in Alicante . I travel often between the UK and Spain and always have to show my passport . The onlý time I don´t have to is when i´m travelling within Spain . My last trip to Barcelona was a joy .. no passport security and the baggage came through so quickly ( Barajas take note ! )
Posted by: billy the man

Re: Passports - 10/06/10 07:24 AM

The daft thing was as soon as we went through security?,in the arrivals area were about 10 of the biggest policemen yove seen, 3 of them had guns and 2 had dogs,just watching people go by. I found this quite strange,and i travel to Spain at least twice a year and have never found security so laxadaisy