Spain in August?

Posted by: ninas

Spain in August? - 11/27/04 04:53 PM

Hello Everyone! I'm new at this, so please excuse me if I screw this up. I'm interested to Know what to bring and how to dress in August of 2005. I plan to visit my aunt and cousins in Reus,Taragona but I'm not really sure of what to bring.Thanks.Please feel free to write in spanish, I speak the language. By the way, I'm a girl.
Posted by: La Sorpresa

Re: Spain in August? - 11/29/04 08:25 AM

It is HOT HOT HOT!!! I usually find I am overdressed, as I bring business casual clothes so I can go anywhere (churches, nice restaurant, etc.) without worring about what I have on. But last summer I saw a lot of people in shorts, capris, flip-flop shoes. It was so hot I was wishing I had brought some. People in the large cities dress so nice for everyday (compared to US) that I wanted to try to fit in.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Spain in August? - 11/29/04 08:32 AM

Question: Do they typically allow patrons wearing flip-flops into discos during summer months??

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: PrincesitaDeVA

Re: Spain in August? - 11/29/04 11:17 AM

Madrid Man,
When I went to Spain in July, I was told by my Spanish friend that you can't wear flip flops or street clothes or they wouldn't allow you in the door.

Re: Spain in August? - 11/29/04 03:35 PM

Thank You Sparkalina for your input, I'll Keep that in mind because I also want to fit in and look nice but not too over or underdresses. wink wink
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Spain in August? - 11/29/04 04:23 PM

I'm sorry, but I just have this vision of MadridMan dancing in his flip-flops!

How's your walzing MM?

Quote:
3) Handshake Flip Flops
Twinkle to Flip Flop Position, Flip Flop Lady to Left Side, Flip Flop Lady to Right Side, Flip Flop w/Handshake Hold, Regain Normal Right Side Flip Flop Hold, 4 -6 Basic Twinkle Ending.

Sorry, it's been a long day today and I'm easily amused cool

Re: Spain in August? - 11/29/04 04:53 PM

Yea, I know what you mean Jo-anne. I'm exousted and an working.It's only 4:30pm here on the east coast. :p
Posted by: Puna

Re: Spain in August? - 11/30/04 03:51 PM

and to add one more tired voice to the crowd ... maybe that is why I found this so amusing

Quote:
When I went to Spain in July, I was told by my Spanish friend that you can't wear flip flops or street clothes or they wouldn't allow you in the door.
I still don't think flip flops will fly ... but no street clothes confused I have images of little naked bodies with great large colorful flip flops invading alll the good night spots laugh laugh ... or could the writer possibly have meant to say dress up a bit?
Posted by: DJC

Re: Spain in August? - 11/30/04 07:53 PM

I'll bite. Is the waltz a popular dance in Spain?

Re: Spain in August? - 11/30/04 08:21 PM

djc....to tell ya the truth, i never heard of that dance in spain, but then again, i haven't been there yet. laugh
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Spain in August? - 12/01/04 04:26 AM

You only dance waltz in some weddins or in very specific (usually middle age clients) clubs.

Flip flops have never been admitted except in beach clubs, but I was told in this board that last year they begun to do it in some clubs even in Madrid.

Anyway, I don't think you'll blend in with them because we tend to dress up mostly.
Posted by: sallyanne

Re: Spain in August? - 12/01/04 06:13 AM

Put out what you think you want to take, then put half of it back in your wardrobe, as I always take too many clothes. Also, you'll probably end up buying some clothes while you're there. You won't be able to resist!!
Posted by: La Sorpresa

Re: Spain in August? - 12/01/04 09:16 AM

I meant flip flops for during the day for walking around. Especially in university towns and in the south. I did not expect to see it at all.

Not at night time for clubbing. At night everyone is a lot dressier.

I personally don't dress like that, not that there is anything wrong with it, but it is just to casual for my taste. Plus as a tourist, I may be in a museum, then a church, then a fancy resturant for lunch... you want to be dressed for whatever comes up!