Seasonal Wear

Posted by: momic

Seasonal Wear - 08/01/00 07:11 PM

I read somewhere that in Spain the people dress according to the season and not so much according to the actual temperature. Is this true?

If it is, what season will they be dressing for toward the end of October? I'd like to make some effort to not stick out like a sore thumb - if that's possible.
Posted by: rgf

Re: Seasonal Wear - 08/01/00 09:01 PM

In late October, dress like you would in New York city at the same time: lightweight wool, nice clothes (casual but nice); women tend to wear pant suits or short skirts and blazers; men wear nice shirts and pants w/ a sweater or jacket. Leather stuff is big. Light dressboots. The big no-no's are always: athletic shoes; team sport/athletic clothes; t-shirts; warm-up suits/jogging clothes. If you are a jean person, a neat outfit based on jeans is appropriate for walking around. I always feel more comfortable in black jeans than blue! rgf
Posted by: replay

Re: Seasonal Wear - 08/02/00 05:52 PM

I think youīre right, Madrileņos dress acording to the season and not actual temperature (but itīs not general), itīs curious to see in September, with the first real Autumn days, people dressing Summer clothes with 14š, this is normal because in Spain most people arenīt interested in the weather and they dress like the last days, and Madrid has radical temperature changes, one day you can have 28š and only one day later you get only 14š.