Madrid Atocha luggage storage?

Posted by: jacmom

Madrid Atocha luggage storage? - 08/20/12 02:59 PM

Is there luggage storage at Atocha? Juliana will be in Madrid for just a day on the 23rd (Thursday!). She will take the airport express bus to Atocha in the morning and then take the AVE to Barcelona that evening. It would certainly be easier to leave the large piece of luggage there for the few hours that she is there.

Thanks
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid Atocha luggage storage? - 08/21/12 03:15 AM

i have not done it but I think there is storage. The sites tell you the hours
Horario consignasDiario: 05:45 a 22:15

http://www.adif.es/es_ES/infraestructuras/estaciones/60000/servicios_000009.shtml

hope it helps
Posted by: cjep

Re: Madrid Atocha luggage storage? - 09/10/12 03:56 PM

Yes, there is luggage storage. It is behind the atrium garden.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid Atocha luggage storage? - 09/11/12 08:06 AM

I stumbled upon it, too, in the last year, made a wrong turn and security was on me like a cheap suit. It's apparently a very secure location. Or... Hmm.... there may have even been a security guard at the door requiring you to first pass bags through an X-Ray machine before you could enter the storage facility.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: jacmom

Re: Madrid Atocha luggage storage? - 09/16/12 04:30 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. It turned out she did not need the storage as her friend met her at the airport, but it is certainly good to know for the future.

Juliana is back home now, but is now starting to look for a job with a US company that may have offices in Spain. We figure that is the only way that she might get to live there, especially in these economic times. She could teach at one of the language schools but is concerned that she would really not be able to fully support herself that way.
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Madrid Atocha luggage storage? - 09/17/12 07:43 AM

Language schools will pay , on average , about €20 an hour ... You'd have to work a lot to be able to sustain yourself . Most teachers go into College style apartment-shares .. So they juts rent a room . A lot of my friends have done this and it's been a great experience resulting in lifelong friends .... But , of course , you sacrifice a certain amount of privacy .
Maybe Juliana could apply to the Ayuntamiento de Madrid for language teaching .. They pay , relatively , very well . Also friends of mine managed to get contracts teach English to the Spanish police and the Armed Services . Very lucrative contracts that are well worth investigating .
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid Atocha luggage storage? - 09/17/12 11:39 AM

US companies need to go in person to the US Chamber of Commerce in Madrid,and ask to read the book of registered companies there,copy and write to their local addresses.

the webpage from the US sometimes is gear to those living in the US for US.

here is the webpage for the chamber in Madrid, and they can answer your question too
http://www.amchamspain.com/

Good luck