Weather in Madrid in February

Posted by: Jim Costello

Weather in Madrid in February - 01/27/10 12:55 PM

I will be in Madrid from February 11 to the February 25. Can MM, Steve or anyone who lives in Madrid please look into their "crystal ball" and tell me how the weather will be in February. Do I need to bring my snow boots (hehehe) and heavy winter coats etc. I was in Madrid in February of 2008 and was able to eat outside. Does any of the weather persons in Madrid predict what type of February it will be. A weather person in New York said that the northeast US will have a bad February.
Thanks for your assistance,
Posted by: deibid

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 01/28/10 07:34 AM

Nobody can tell you that for sure... but I can tell you that this winter in Madrid (and in Europe) "es como los de antes", that is, it is as it used to be many years ago: COLD.
You would certainly had used your snow boots this month. The next week seems to be calm, sunny and cool, after that I don't know... may be we return to rain and snow mode.
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 01/29/10 05:32 AM

I´ve not heard any predictions for February .. But I would definitely suggest you have a warm coat and gloves when you come here . This morning is a clear blue sky and about 5 degrees ... but I have the door to my balcony open . It´s fresh , for sure , but cold . In the sierras they´re still having snow . That´s just a half hour drive out of the city centre .
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/02/10 06:20 PM

yes indeed cold and snow more than ever, I have seen snow fall one drop and stop now its already the third time here, wood is running low hehehe!
Posted by: billy the man

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/03/10 02:36 AM

if you try this site it gives you up to 15 days in advance,i use it when i go away and its normaly pretty accurate

http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&loccode=EUR|ES|SP013|Madrid

(sorry looks like you will have to copy and paste.)
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/05/10 07:14 AM

Madrid weather is "variable" in February. Just the other day Steve and I were on a terraza under the sun without coats. February, typically, yields more snow than other months but this year has been totally mixed up, having more snow throughout the winter than in the last 20 years - probably combined. You could "bet" on leaving your snow boots at home but maybe bring all-weather shoes if you have them.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/08/10 07:11 AM

There are "clues" of snow returning to the city this weekend... stay tuned!
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/08/10 08:34 AM

in my area too, but thats the weather patterns nowdays, the worst winter in years I am having, my wood stockpile is coming down fast, maybe need to re order !!!

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/09/10 08:57 PM

Thanks for the weather information in Madrid during February. I "assumed" that the weather in Madrid would be about 60F in the afternoon. In 2008, I was in Madrid in February and the weather was nice. I have adjusted my clothes for a colder February.

The weather in New York City is much colder this year than in the last several years. I will be leaving for Madrid on Thursday, February 11 and will arrive on Friday, February 12.
But on Wednesday, New York City area along with many States will get 12 inches to 18 inches of snow. Some areas of the US got 2 feet of snow last Saturday and now they will get an additional 2 feet. So Madrid should seen pretty mild for me.

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/10/10 04:53 AM

I understand your impressions, Feb 2008 was VERY warm indeed, in general 2008 was a "no winter" year, winter came in april!
This year is more typical, you should expet 28F lows and 50F highs in the afternoon, but some days it can be like 25F to 35F

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/10/10 03:30 PM

I would SERIOUSLY doubt the February 11 to the February 25 afternoon temperatures would be in the 60ºF - or even reaching 60ºF. This week we've had highs in the mid-40ºF and that peak doesn't last long. Add a little wind and the wind-chill kills that.

My crystal ball suggests afternoon-highs to reach 52ºF - but you may get lucky one or two days, possibly reaching 60ºF and nighttime lows from 32-37ºF. Leave your shorts at home in New York City, Jim! smile

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: teachertraveler8

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/10/10 06:32 PM

MadridMan's crystal ball works pretty well!

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/11/10 04:19 AM

I see a weekend without classes.... hehehe...

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/15/10 04:48 AM

Well, I must say this: see! I told you!!
snowing!

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/16/10 03:41 AM

The weather forecast for the next two days (at least) is rain and high temperatures in the mid-to-high 40ºF and lows near the freezing point. Raining today and all night long - and all day yesterday except for the snowy morning. And now I'm asking myself WHY I agreed to go out to meet a friend tonight at 10pm on the other side of town. Ugh. I'll have to wear my duck boots. hehehe...

Saludos, MadridMan (happily listening to RadiOlé while working)
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/16/10 01:08 PM

I was considering the intercambio tonight but will give it a miss . Crazy rain . It hasn´t stopped since about 2am !!!!!!!

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/16/10 01:08 PM

Hey MadridMan, I took my umbrella instead of my sun glasses. Do you think that I will need to buy sun glasses.
What's your opinion will Madrid have any sun before Feb 26.

Re: Weather in Madrid in February - 02/17/10 06:53 PM

I'd guess there will be SOME sun before February 26th. But if it does creep out and you DO find you need sunglasses, you can buy some cheap ones in "Los Chinos" for a few Euros to get you through your visit.

Saludos, MadridMan