Madrid: How to obtain electrical power converter?

Posted by: Rico

Madrid: How to obtain electrical power converter? - 11/19/09 11:19 PM

First of all I must thank you for a Most excelent site about Spain. I took my first trip to Spain June 2005 because of the information in your site. I used the ad on your site to rent a apt in Madrid and Sevilla . It was truely my dream vacation.I can die at anytime and I would be happy because of my trip to Spain with your help. I admire you picking up and leaving the states , to starting all over again in Spain , it takes bull testicle to do that ,I have long followed your blog before you moved.
ok , here my question . I have a friend that is going to Madrid in DEC, he uses a Sleep mach (snores like a drunk sailor).He needs a power converter so he can use his mach in Spain.Not able to find one in Tampa, Fl . His idea is to get one while he is in Madrid . any ideas ?
PS. Many times my wife and are quite ,and then we start talking about our trip to Spain, smile to each other knowing we lived one of our dreams , Thanks again Rico
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: How to obtain electrical power converter ? - 11/20/09 07:09 AM

So this would be a plug to convert North American to European ( Spanish ) .. Those can be bought here . Go to the ferrería in Corte Inglés in the centre of town .. that particular department is in Callao . Alternatively you could try Calle Barquillo which is full of electrical shops .. That´s in the Chueca district . If your friend decides on going to El Corte Inglés in Callao then tell him to go to the top floor ( 8 or 9 .. can´t quite remember ) where there is a café / restaurant selling decent Spanish food but with one of the best views over the City . To get a window seat is difficult and may involve some waiting but you can just go up and have a look .
Posted by: Rico

Re: How to obtain electrical power converter ? - 11/20/09 10:58 PM

Thank you so much for the heads up on la Cortes ingles, I known were its at off the Gran via and the Callao. The other location Chueca I have no idea. The Gran via and the callao is perfect refrence point for me i was only there for a days. Thanks again Steve ............. Att Rico
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: How to obtain electrical power converter ? - 11/21/09 03:36 AM

Chueca is walking distance from Callao .. just across the road , though Calle Barquillo is on it´s farthest edge .. probably a 15 to 20 minute walk . Chueca has it´s own metro station . Chueca is the heart of gay Madrid , but has a very bohemian atmosphere and some great bars .... It´s similar to Soho in London .