English Movies Madrid

Posted by: Rob in Madrid

English Movies Madrid - 05/07/06 09:27 AM

Does anyone know where to catch OV movies in Madrid. I did some searching and there seems to be a lot of Cinemas showing OV movies but I can't imagine that there is enough demand to show MI3 5 times a day in English only, I thinking that although it plays 5 times a day maybe only 1 showing is in English.
Posted by: CascadaDuSel

Re: English Movies Madrid - 05/07/06 10:13 AM

Actually I think they are all VO showings.. most of my Spanish friends actually prefer to see the films in original version with subtitles ... not sure if this is widespread or just my friends but they say they like it because the translations and voices are such poor comparisons that they like the original versions better and read the subtitles ..
Posted by: Rob in Madrid

Re: English Movies Madrid - 05/07/06 11:10 AM

Found this link which provides times and prices for OV films

http://20minutos.lanetro.com/cartelera.cfm?top=28
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: English Movies Madrid - 05/07/06 04:11 PM

A few weeks ago I went to see "Good Night and Good Luck" - the George Clooney movie about Edward R. Murrow, CBS TV, and the McCarthy Hearings. GREAT movie. We saw it IN ENGLISH with Spanish subtitles at one of the RENOIR cinemas at "Los Cubos", just north from the Plaza España. Here, there are many many cinemas, MANY of which play "Versión Original" movies - most of which are from the USA. Use Tim Hortons Man's link above and scroll down the pull-down bar to find RENOIR and you'll find a bunched set of cinemas, most of which are in the same area, which say "V.O." after them. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the titles are listed only with their Spanish-translated titles. So if you're not sure of the title in Spanish it could be challenging to find a particular movie - unless it's "Brokeback Mountain" which is listed as "Brokeback Mountain". "Good Night, and Good Luck" is listed as "Buenas noches, y buena suerte" - STILL SHOWING!

According to the link above, MI:3 is ONLY showing in Versión Original at the Yelmo Cineplex Ideal (V.O.) near the Tirso de Molina metro station.

Saludos, MadridMan