Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc.

Posted by: Justin7199

Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/22/04 06:21 PM

Hey everyone, first post. I'm planning my second trip to Madrid. I leave Wednesday, just for the weekend. (My girlfriend is studying in London for the semester and we're going there together).

I've been reading a lot of the posts but I have a couple questions I haven't been able to find answers to...

At the major clubs like Kapital and Palacio Gaviria, once you've paid the cover charge, can you leave and reenter or do you have to pay again?

A lot of people are asking about specific bars and pubs but are there, say, a couple metro stations that I could get off and just find a whole lot of quality tapas bars and pubs?

Need romantic restaurant suggestions, for lunch or dinner...

Thanks a lot guys!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/23/04 01:09 AM

Entering and going out: We spaniards don't use to do that, but when we do, we use to tell the guy at the door and they usually agree to let you come back for free.

However, I don't know in those two places, for I don't ue to go there.
Posted by: Andrés

Re: Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/25/04 03:44 PM

You can go out and reenter without paying if they stamp you on the way out.
As for restaurants have any one tried IROCO at Velazquez, 18?
Andres

Re: Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/25/04 04:51 PM

Yes, Andrés, but nowadays... Do many clubs still stump your hand?

Not the ones i go to, but I acknowledge these are not the most trendy. You probably know better.
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/26/04 05:57 AM

Oh no, Ignacio. You had me laughing loudly just then. laugh laugh

I'm sorry for picking you up on a spelling mistake, because your English is fantastic and I am in awe at the way you conduct your arguments in a different language to your mother tongue so don't take this the wrong way, but one letter makes a big difference......

Quote:
Do many clubs still stump your hand?
I have this vision of doormen cutting off hands at the wrist if their customers wanted to leave!! laugh

Re: Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/26/04 06:09 AM

laugh

Thank you for your nice words, and for correcting me. Even after reading it again, I didn't realize the failure till I read the previous message again. It is funny. smile
Posted by: Andyraz

Re: Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/26/04 07:26 AM

I don't have a lot of experience with clubs, but cover bars and the few clubs I've been to don't do re-entry, unless, of course, you're close enough to the doorman that he recognizes you.

As to good metro stops for bars and tapas and such - Sol, obviously, although that's really busy and touristy. Alonso Martinez and La Latina are a little more low key and low priced.
Posted by: Andrés

Re: Madrid- Bars, clubs, etc. - 11/27/04 02:48 AM

I dont know about Kapital but Palacio for sure brands you with this undeleteable stamp that marks your hand for days.

Andres