Barcelona Food?

Posted by: Shazz

Barcelona Food? - 12/23/02 07:20 AM

Were here and thereŽs no good food! Everything is soaked in oil and tons of cholestral. ANd meat everyday is no good for your digestion. Where do we go for some healthy food? Thats not so expensive?
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Barcelona Food? - 12/23/02 09:36 AM

There's a great Vegetarian restaurant in Barcelona called Fresco. Sorry, I can't give you the exact location. A relative took me there. We were there at 1:00 PM on a Sunday. By the time we were finished, there was a line of people queued up outside the door, waiting to get in. rolleyes
Posted by: Fernando

Re: Barcelona Food? - 12/23/02 09:53 AM

With all due respect: All the spanish food is usually soaked with oil... but olive oil, which is in fact good for your cholestral. Also, the variety in the kind of meat recipes is incredible in Catalonia in general.

Perhaps you don't like this kind of food, but don't think it is bad for your health wink Try restaurants in which you can alternate vegetables with meat and fish.

Fernando

Re: Barcelona Food? - 12/23/02 03:12 PM

Thanx Eddie for the quick response. IŽll look up the address. We found a couple of fast food places that are cheap and oil free! Any ideas for the 2 dead days of 25, 26th?
Posted by: Bocata King

Re: Barcelona Food? - 12/23/02 06:46 PM

I was taken to a place in the Barrio Gotico en July that was vegetarian. It was called "Sin Bestia" and although we didn't eat there - It was too crowded! It looked really good, and the fact that it was crowded is a good sign, so ask someone if they know where it is!

Good luck.
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Barcelona Food? - 12/24/02 05:34 AM

Shazz writes
Quote:
... Any ideas for the 2 dead days of 25, 26th?...
Christmas Mass in the Cathedral?? If you haven't made it to Parc Guell, it might be nice there on Christmas day.

Re: Barcelona Food? - 12/24/02 12:48 PM

I found an art supply store here on the Gran Via. and i purchase a watercolor kit with paper and clip board. It ran me 77Euro. But it was a good deal. So thats what iŽll be doing for the dead days. We also will see the Erotic Museum. Should be fun. We saw the Gaudi CAsa Batillo and it was amazing. We also saw the Picasso Museum and it wasnŽt as amazing, although I never saw so much of his early work! HeŽs God!
Addios