Concert listings for Spain...

Posted by: LowBro1

Concert listings for Spain... - 06/19/01 04:34 AM

Curious,,,Does anyone know where I can find concert listings for Spain/Portugal, maybe something like Ticketmaster in the US and Canada...I'll be journeying in July and August and wouldn't mind seeing a (rock) concert with a few thousand new friends...I know the Beach Boys are playing in Vigo in July, but that doesn't quite does it for me...

Thank ya...
Posted by: sheba

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/19/01 07:16 AM

I´m in Madrid right now and I know that you can check several places. One is in the past bulletins on here there was some mention of the giant Ticketmaster type place that you can check online. I personally hate Ticketmaster, but if you want to go that route, there is a Spanish equivalent. Check in the archives of this site. Another is FNAC, which is a French gigantic corporation, which will charge you prices similar to Ticketmaster (I wouldn´t be surprised if they are somehow connected). I know that I just bought a ticket to see Ben Harper on July 13 for 3,500 pesetas (roughly 17.50). Sonic Youth is also coming in July and there´s a huge metal show happening (I´ve found out that Spain is where really bad metal bands go to die--wait, are there good metal bands?) also in July. But the kicker is that PJ Harvey and ton of other bands are coming in August (when most students will be leave). The Orb will be here some time this month, so will Weezer. I´m afraid I´m not being specific, so I´ll try to find out more specific information and let you know.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/19/01 08:18 AM

There are a couple different places you could look for listings of concerts around Spain. Try www.LaNetro.com (in Spanish), www.GuiadelOcio.com (in Spanish), and www.SpainAlive.com (in English). Not sure how much detail you'll get from this last one. I'd say the best of the three for concert listings by region would be the LaNetro.com site. Good luck and have fun!

Saludos, MadridMan
--------------
Going to Madrid or Sevilla? Consider MadridMan's Madrid & Sevilla Videos. http://www.MadridMan.com/videos.html for details.
Posted by: SusiLaGallega

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/19/01 08:27 AM

If you're going to be in Barcelona on August 8th, I would NOT miss the U2 concert! I saw it here in Toronto a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING!!!! Of course, tickets may be sold out already, but you can always try. I was about four feet away from Bono! INCREDIBLE!!!! eek laugh If you can, get floor admission tickets and show up a couple hours early.

SusiLaGallega
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/19/01 09:27 AM

Try this link http://www.madridmusic.com/def3.htm or this one and do a search http://www.doctormusic.com/pls/dmn/dm_agenda.p_agenda

U2 sold out in record time in a matter of hours and it's a mystery why they are playing at such a relatively small venue. frown
Posted by: SusiLaGallega

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/19/01 12:58 PM

The reason why they are playing in arenas rather than in huge stadiums is because they wanted an intimate feel to the concert. General admission floor tickets were the cheapest tickets and the best ones to get. I lucked out and got tickets within seconds of the onsale. U2 did not want corporate "suits" snagging all the floor tickets, so that's why they made it general admission. I think it was a GREAT idea, it's just too bad that so many people didn't get tickets - some of my friends were also upset. But, if you were lucky enough to experience it, it could NOT have been better! It was amazing to be able to be so close to the stage when in the previous two concerts I went to in past years, I always had to settle for the "nosebleeds". eek rolleyes

SusiLaGallega
Posted by: LowBro1

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/19/01 08:57 PM

Many thanks for the replies...The most comprehensive and exhaustive (for someone who speaks very little Spanish) was www.doctormusic.com
Posted by: Asterault

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/20/01 04:58 AM

I use www.serviticket.com , and when you are in Spain you can go to a Caixa branch and buy the tickets from the atm.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Concert listings for Spain... - 06/20/01 08:58 AM

I forgot this one
http://www.bbvtickets.com/BBVTickets/ttnet/pkg_home.bbv_home

It works well, too. I got my Mark Knopfler tickets here and you can choose your exact seats on line.