Bullfights in Madrid

Posted by: Jacque3125

Bullfights in Madrid - 06/17/01 02:18 PM

Does anyone happen to know if there will be bullfights in Madris on June 24 or on July 1? Thanks so much for any info...
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Bullfights in Madrid - 06/18/01 05:04 AM

You'll find links to the official bullring site and to autorized resellers agencies at Madridman's links page. At those sites you'll find the dates for the next bullfighting.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Bullfights in Madrid - 06/20/01 12:17 PM

According to www.Las-Ventas.com (the official website to Madrid's bullring), there is a bullfight on June 24th (<-Click), but couldn't find anything for July 1st. Their website doesn't seem to have schedule information for July yet -- they're still quite consumed with the San Isidro festival. As Antonio mentioned, you can find links to other bullfight/even-ticket sites on my links page.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Bullfights in Madrid - 06/20/01 12:36 PM

There certainly won't be a bullfight in Las Ventas on 1st July, because they will be putting up the stage and my seat for the sure-to-be-excellent concert by Mark Knopfler in that venue on the 2nd. Get a ticket....much better entertainment! smile
Posted by: Wolf

Re: Bullfights in Madrid - 06/20/01 01:27 PM

Anchovy,

I can picture it now. Knopfler in the middle of the ring... bullfights going on around him. He uses his guitar as a cape... Talk about being in "Dire Straits." Gawd! rolleyes

Wolf (Whose choices in rock dates back to the doo wop period) laugh
Posted by: xtina

Re: Bullfights in Madrid - 06/20/01 03:24 PM

Check out www.ticketstoros.com Click on the English version, go to tickets-on-line, and buy. Choose the month you want and you can see what type of bullfight there will be, etc. (Click on Corrida to see more details). You can see a map of the Plaza). It does list a bullfight for July 1st also. My husband and I are going to the June 24 bullfight. We're going to get the tickets on the day at the Plaza de Toros - Las Ventas.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: xtina ]
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Bullfights in Madrid - 06/20/01 04:28 PM

Since the architectural style of Las Ventas is mudéjar, it's probably no coincidence that they booked the Sultan of Swing rolleyes to play there.

CaliBasco (trying desperately to be as timely and funny as Wolf, but to no avail)