Cheap Meal in Madrid

Posted by: SuePycroft

Cheap Meal in Madrid - 06/09/01 09:13 AM

For those of you who are looking for a good meal, I can recommend a self serve buffet at Diamante on C/Atocha. All you can eat over 3 courses for only 1100pts per person, drinks are extra. Every type of spanish food is available, and they even have a microwave oven to heat up your food if it starts to go cold before you have finished. If you open up your receipt (double copy) you may win a backpack, we did and we won! They open from 12noon to 4pm and 8pm to 11.30pm. smile
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Cheap Meal in Madrid - 06/12/01 11:14 AM

SuePycroft, is the THE which is also known as El Brillante ???? I've seen/heard it called both names. I don't recall it being on calle de Atocha, but rather ON the Glorieta de Carlos V. Not sure which street it uses as it's address. But if it's the same, overlooking the Atocha train station AND el Ministerio de Agricultura , this is where we have the "Party With MadridMan" these last two trips I've visited Madrid. CLICK HERE for the photo of the party-goers. Does this look like the same place? I have some photos of the front, but don't have them scanned yet. If this IS the same place, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!! I'm dreaming of the bocadillos de calamares now! Mmmmmm...

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: SuePycroft

Re: Cheap Meal in Madrid - 06/12/01 01:47 PM

Sorry MM it is not the same place, I actually did'nt spell the name correctly, just found the leaflet for it and it is known as the Restaurante Diamantino at 67 C/Atocha near to the Anton Martin metro stop. It reads: eat as much as you want for the unbelievable price of 1100pts. More than 20 dishes including meats,fishes,salads,chicken,pastas,paella and home made desserts. YUM YUM eek