Tennis (Salamanca)

Posted by: spike

Tennis (Salamanca) - 10/25/00 12:16 PM

I will be in Salamanca for language school for 30 days after Thanksgiving. I am addicted to Tennis and wondered if anyone knows whether there are public courts in Salamanca. I have never been to Spain but many times to Mexico and it is difficult to find a place to play there as you have to belong to a country club. Thanks, Spike.
Posted by: Leche

Re: Tennis (Salamanca) - 10/25/00 12:25 PM

Spike...

There are community courts all over Spain that are free.

Leche
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Tennis (Salamanca) - 10/25/00 06:35 PM

Community courts for free?. Where have you found them?. As far as I know, you have to hire them per hours.

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com
Posted by: spike

Re: Tennis (Salamanca) - 10/26/00 10:02 AM

Thanks leche and Antonio. At least I know that I won't have to tag along with some countryclubber to get to play tennis.

Spike
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Tennis (Salamanca) - 10/27/00 04:31 PM

Spike,

I'm with Antonio...I was a die-hard tennis player until I went to Spain for a few years. I didn't pick up a racket for two years since I couldn't seem to find a public court in any of the places I lived...I did find an overabundance of basketball and futbito courts, though. I'm sure if you're diligent in looking and asking that you'll be able to find what you're looking for. Tennis seems to be in the top five popular sports in Spain, so at least you'll be able to find a doubles partner!