Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid

Posted by: pedmar

Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid - 01/09/12 04:58 AM

This is a recommendation, there is one oldest in Europe at [url=Centro Cubano by Coelho]Centro Cubano[/url] by Coelho near Serrano metro, but this one is beating the beats in London and Madrid.
www.floriditamadrid.com
great ambiance and food, when you wants exotic tropics in Madrid,and hot.
Cheers
i think they still under the UK webpage
www.floridita.co.uk, cant confirm from work ::)
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid - 01/11/12 04:59 AM

Thanks for the tip, pedmar! The Floriditamadrid.com link doesn't work, but the co.uk one does. Next time I'm "slumming" wink in the Barrio de Salamanca I'll stop in to check it out. So it's a bar/restaurant?? I found this Telemadrid video about the bar:

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid - 01/11/12 05:01 AM

Now wait a minute. I'm confused. Is the place called "Centro Cubano" or is it called "La Floridita"??

Saludos, MadridMan huh
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid - 01/12/12 07:15 AM

sorryyy, no they are two different things. Centro Cubano is the oldest Cuban resto in Europe, there since 1967!! it is by claudio Coehlo 41,near US embassy at Serrano

then, there is Floridita, that started in London, and now in Madrid, very modern blend Cuban, new trends foods. Nice video...lol!!! yes Floridita bar in Havana is old indeed, Esquire magazine name it in 1957 the world's best bar. But nothing to do with those in London or Madrid of today::)
and on the video the bartender did the mojito the modern way with the stick pushing down the mint or hierba buena;;; the traditional way is to do it with a wooden bowl and a smashing rod of wood!!!then the flavor of the herbs comes out more.
cheer