Madrid: La Tia Cebolla

Posted by: listener042

Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/09/10 03:32 PM

Anyone else familiar with this place? We go there every time we are in madrid, my better half LOVES it.

Any recommendations of similar places?
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/09/10 04:59 PM

Never heard of it. What kind of place is it? It almost sounds like a restaurant or bar. If so, it should go in the Eating, Drinking, and Entertainment forum category. Let me know and I'll move it over there. Also, please remember to put the city location in your subject line as we are an ALL SPAIN Message Board and not just for Madrid - although we do specialize in Madrid, obviously. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/10/10 12:31 AM

Oops, sorry about that!

La Tia Cebolla is fantastic. Cheap food and wine, and cute locale. What could be better? It's a few minutes walk up from Plaza Del Sol, so it also fits my husband's "easy to get to" requirement!

here's a review:
http://hilton.org.uk/madrid.phtml?n=tiacebolla

I know they have a website but I can't find it now and I am off to work, I STRONGLY recommend this place, just like the reviewer, we keep going back!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/10/10 04:54 AM

(topic moved)
I'll have to look into it. Sounds interesting.
Found the website: http://www.latiacebolla.es/

Saludos, MadridMan

Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/10/10 07:39 AM

well I was there when Don Gervasio was around ::)
need to check out the new place,lol!
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/11/10 07:28 PM

I like this place !! I was staying in an Hostal for 3 weeks in Calle Espoz y Mina and this was a great refuge for me . Their terraza in summer is very nice !

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/15/10 06:19 AM

Will probably be having lunch there tomorrow! :-)
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/15/10 08:34 AM

Enjoy ... nearby is the "Bravas " restaurant which I like too .

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/15/10 08:58 AM

Been there and loved that too, but there's only so much tortilla that one can take....

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/20/10 04:52 PM

Back in Istanbul and ate Tia Cebolla EVERY DAY!!!! YAYYYY!!!!
Posted by: teachertraveler8

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/20/10 07:11 PM

Back already? That was a short visit. How did your daughter enjoy Madrid? What things were fun for her?

Re: Madrid: La Tia Cebolla - 11/21/10 11:01 AM

4 days, the length of the Eid al Adha here. Any Madrilenos notice the increase in Turkish tourists? :-)

Daughter liked the chocolate con churros best, did better at the Thyssen museum than the Royal Academy of Fine Arts and liked the Egyptian temple best probably though we couldn't get inside because we came an hour before it opened and it was raining like heck that morning.

Also took her to the big Desigual store to the outlet floor and she was spellbound by the colors on offer, just right for a kid! She probably spent an hour trying on dresses :-)

I ended up not getting the crockpot because it was ENORMOUS, they have one left in Corte Ingles right now, and it was too big to fit in my suitcase even without the packaging. The one I owned in the US was teeny tiney, just enough for two, so I guess I was expecting something like that. Oh well. If anyone has 60 euros and wants a slow cooker, i can tell you it's a good one!!!