Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel

Posted by: Denise 2009

Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel - 09/04/09 12:36 PM

Do any of you have a recommendation for a place for us to eat our first day/night in Torremolinas within walking distance of Hotel Isabel? It would be appreciated!
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel - 09/06/09 07:42 AM

Hi Denise

I don't know the area of Torremolinos where your hotel is, but I'm sure you wont have a problem finding somewhere good to eat what with all the seafood restaurants on the Carihuela and in the main streets of the town too.

There's a really inexpensive and enjoyable family run restaurant called Lanjaron (and it's sister/brother Nuevo Lanjaron), but it could be on the other side of town from you? Not that it's particularly far to walk anywhere.

New Lanjaron on Trip Advisor

It's in a non-touristy, more residential part of town.

Hope you enjoy your stay. Torremolinos is underrated in my opinion - tarred by it's reputation from overexpansion of hotels and toursism etc.

Jo

Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel - 09/06/09 01:14 PM

I've never been to Torremolinos either, Denise 2009. Sorry! I imagine most of our message board members aren't familiar with it either - or they're still on holiday/vacation and haven't seen your thread yet. Sorry!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel - 09/12/09 05:11 AM

Denise

I'd be interested to hear where you ended up eating in Torremolinos. I'll be back there for Semana Santa next year ... so any new recommendations would be good.

Don't suppose you went to Lanjaron did you? I'll be partaking several times when I get there :-)

Hope your trip was succesful and fun.

Jo
Posted by: Denise 2009

Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel - 09/12/09 04:09 PM

We ate at several places. Nothing very excellent. Went to a BBQ place on the beach strip that was not bad though. The prices have all been much more reasonable than we expected. And regardless of what they say, at this time of year Torremolinas was very family oriented. I could write a review of the Hotel Isabela too. And Julia Tours *LOL* Where should I start? Maybe I'll wait until we finish with Madrid and Barcelona. I could offer to be a 'guest' writer on MM's blog - but my stories would not be near as good as his!
Posted by: Daniel-Madrid

Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel - 09/13/09 06:58 AM

Glad you are enjoying it Denise :-)

MM, perhaps having a guest writers who wrote about their trips or experiences living in Spain wouldn't be a bad idea?