Alhambra Palace & Washington Irving

Posted by: davej

Alhambra Palace & Washington Irving - 03/04/06 03:17 AM

U.S. visitors to Granada in March might be interested to know that, as part of an on-going programme to open areas normally closed to visitors, the Alhambra Palace is making Washington Irving's apartments accessible. Note this is only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and only for this month.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Alhambra Palace & Washington Irving - 03/04/06 04:47 AM

Do tell us more, davej! I'm interested!

Do you mean these apartments are now accessible to standard tours only on these days or does one need a special or additional ticket/tour to see the apartments? And ONLY this month?? What a shame! I'm going back to Granada for a short visit this spring but it WON'T be this month. rolleyes

If anyone happens to go this month please give us your report upon returning! I'd love to hear/read about them and see photos too!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: esperanza

Re: Alhambra Palace & Washington Irving - 03/04/06 08:19 AM

MadridMan, if you are going back to Andalucía this spring, try your best to get to Sevilla when the orange blossoms are in bloom. The aroma is SO amazing, SO unforgetable...
just a suggestion! wave
Posted by: davej

Re: Alhambra Palace & Washington Irving - 03/08/06 06:56 AM

The Irving apartments are only open during March. It's part of an on-going programme which the Alhambra is running to open up areas which are normally closed to the public. Apparently, it's a different area each month.