Madrid Area: Bull fights in February?

Posted by: mgarcia

Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 01/30/03 10:56 PM

Are there any bull fights in the madrid area in February?
Posted by: Martín de Madrid

Re: Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 02/06/03 01:59 PM

Not that I know of. I have a banderillero friend (the insane guy who sticks the darts in the bull), and he and the rest of the torreros leave for the South American circuit in late October, and come back in April.
Posted by: espanglish

Re: Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 02/06/03 03:42 PM

I doubt it also. However if you read Spanish you might try going to www.abc.es. It is the Spanish newspaper, ABC. There should be a section called "Toros" and it would tell you if there were any. My guess is you'll find it full of news from South America and México.

Saludos
Donna
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 02/07/03 02:15 AM

I think there are in Valdemorillo and Vistalegre, near Madrid. I don't know when exactly. Also in Ciudad Rodrigo Carnivals (Salamanca) there are 'encierros' and bullfights.
Posted by: granada94

Re: Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 02/26/03 08:45 PM

I just returned from Madrid. No bull fights there until the first weekend in March.

Hope this helps!
Posted by: Marianpo

Re: Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 02/28/03 10:10 PM

If you are really disappointed and into animal torture, perhaps you could fly to North or South Korea, where they beat dogs to death before serving them up as food because it is supposed to make the meat more tender.
Posted by: Shawn

Re: Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 03/01/03 02:23 AM

Marianpo,

I am glad you reminded me about the proper way to prepare a good steak. It makes sense, after all the best horse filet I have eaten, from León in España, came from a mare that had been flogged quite often before slaughter. In contrast, the toughest slab of horse meat I have ever eaten came from a pampered French colt that had never experienced the whip. If I ever make to Korea, I'll be sure to avoid pampered pooches in favor of retired pit bulls. laugh

Saludos

¡Olé! ¡Olé!
Posted by: redwingsfreak_19

Re: Madrid Area: Bull fights in February? - 03/31/03 07:00 PM

Man i went to a Bullfight in Madrid 3 years ago when i went it was the start of the season it was early March. I will tell you this, it is very gruesome. I went to get a feel for the culture, but man was i shocked at what i saw.